Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Focus issues with XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running into an issue with XBMC that causes Windows to lose focus on the XBMC window. I have XBMC in my startup folder so it runs as soon as Windows boots, but the task bar stays on top and I lose focus on the window. Then I have to drag out a mouse to restore focus to the XBMC window. Is there any way to address this issue?
(2013-05-31, 14:23)Spyderturbo007 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running into an issue with XBMC that causes Windows to lose focus on the XBMC window. I have XBMC in my startup folder so it runs as soon as Windows boots, but the task bar stays on top and I lose focus on the window. Then I have to drag out a mouse to restore focus to the XBMC window. Is there any way to address this issue?

I had this issue as well and the easiest way to solve it for me was to set the taskbar to auto-hide itself. This works great for me because my machine is used solely for XBMC. Right click on the taskbar and select properties and then check the "Auto-Hide the Taskbar" box. If you have your taskbar locked you will need to unlock it first.

I assume that you've also played with the fullscreen settings in XBMC setting too right?
Enable debug logging and that should tell you what process is stealing focus.
You could use FocusBitch (wiki)