Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music artist to show as Album Artist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.

So I have been re-doing all my music and now kinda have it setup right.
All tagged via mediamonkey and sorted.

But in MM it shows correct if I use Album Artist for compilations.

Updating the XBMC music library is fine, but compilations are showing as the individual artists...
So for instance Calvin Harris is showing up multiple times featuring other artists.

Is there any way I can get XBMC artists to show as Album artists instead so that it will show up correctly without multiple artists?

Ta
*bump* can anyone help with this?
The only solution I know of is to change your tagging on compilations with something like Album Artist = Various Artists. Then you can also change the artist field to Various Artists, but if you don't want to lose that granularity, then maybe modify the artist name to something like "artist-comp" so it will list as a separate artist.

Personally, for all my compilations, I make all artist and album artist fields = "Various Artists - Album Name" , which works for me since I never listen to individual tracks from compilations. You could move the artist name over to the comment field if you didn't want to lose it.