Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart Playlist with Variables?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've looked around but have not found any information regarding anything like using variables in smart playlist creation. What I mean by variables are information like the last played tv show or currently playing show. What I'd like to be able to do is setup generic smart playlists without having to hard-code the data.

I would like to be able to be watching a show and go to a smart playlist that is set up to play random episodes of the currently playing TV show.
Or play songs with ratings of 5 or higher of the currently playing music artist.
That sort of thing, without having to setup a playlist for that particular tv show or music artist.

Is there anyway to do this type of playlist? Links or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Not possible currently, no. It would be a neat thing to have, and I suspect achievable over JSON-RPC by applying some appropriate filters in a plugin or some such.
Alright, thanks for the information!