Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Questions for G-Box Midnight MX2 Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyone using the G-Box Midnight MX2 that can answer the following two questions.

1. How does it perform with live rtsp:// streams?

2. Can you leave it connected to an rtsp:// stream for long periods of time while you are using the TV for another function and then switch to the HDMI port it is using with the TV remote and have it display the stream?

I want it to continuously monitor an IP camera and be able to switch to its feed if an alarm sounds. I do not want to find that it has stopped working because the feed was not being actively used for an extended period of time and then have to go through a reconnection process.
Are there any other forum sites that G-Box Midnight MX2 Users might frequent?
Try androidtvbox.us. That seems to by much more active than the xbmc forums for the mx2.
Thanks for the suggestion, but that was my first stop. Unfortunately the second response to my posting was the single line “It only costs $100 go for it” which not only had a point value of zero relative to my questions but sidetracked the issue into one of money so there was no meaningful responses after that (sigh). Thanks again for at least trying. It is appreciated.