Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stacking and "PART" rar file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
updated with build 6th-dec and if browsing to a directory under my videos with stacking on and yo enter a directory with

filename.part01.rar
filename.part01.rar
etc
etc

xbmc will lockup
i can confirm this behaviour also.
i thought this might have been the fix

- 07-12-2005 fixed: rar directory masking.

but ive just updated with 10-12-2005 and the problem is still there
you can add a regular expression for this in the xboxmediacenter.xml .

.part[0-9]*.rar would do the job.
(midknight @ dec. 11 2005,02:55 Wrote:i thought this might have been the fix

- 07-12-2005 fixed: rar directory masking.

but ive just updated with 10-12-2005 and the problem is still there
that is for something else
any fix for this, cause its a rather annoying bug that was introduced a few builds ago
you'll need to provide some more detail. i have no problems stacking 40 files in a *.partxxx.rar set. how many files are in the set you're having a problem with? is it the stacking thats causing the issue, or accessing the stacked rar item?

and if thats annoying for you, either remove the regexp that stacks "part" or go back to an older version.
its when you go to open the dir that has the part.xx files in it, it will just lock up
yup. i confirmed this... see http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=17621

i need to do some more testing to see if the limit is actually based off the length of the filename, or just the number of files.
update on the stacking bug... the limitation is not really the number of files, but a combination of the number of files, and the length of each stacked filenamed. a stacked item is internally represented as a comma seperated list of the files. it's the length of this stacke item thats the limit. my guess is that the string is being converted into a character array at some point, and its being overrun. i'll need to do some more tests to determine that breaking point.

but, since multipart rar sets is likely the only thing to go over this limit, maybe the best work around would be to stack multipart rars a little differently. there's really no need to concatenate all the files into the stack item since you have to start the rar from the first part.

** edit **
the limit seems to be 1300 bytes (or just under there.)

** edit **
i implemented the workaround for rar "partxxx" sets and xbmc doesnt crash anymore. before i commit it, i want to try to play a rar'ed dvd .img through start to finish.

on a side note, i noticed that the old .rxx convention causes no problems because only .rar is a valid file type. all the .rxx files are filtered out.

my workaround was committed. i played a rar'ed dvd .img file from start to finish, including the menu. there is however a limitation with out rar implementation... see this for some details:

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=17643
great news