Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Installing with a broken laptop screen (output hdmi to monitor)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My laptop screen is broken. I've got an extra monitor. I've got an HDMI connected to the output of the laptop. The HDMI is connected to a secondary monitor. I want to install XBMCBuntu. I used unetbootin to make the USB drive.

screen #2 boots into Frodo 12.2, but its the Live version. I would like to install to the hard drive.

I don't know the menu of unetbootin to determine if I need to guess on the arrow downs to install, or perhaps I could do it a different way. Could somebody post a screenshot? I've tried to guess, I know unetbootin is up because I see the blue perimeter. Thanks so much.

EDIT: I could not find this in the wiki. It would be nice if somebody added the unetbootin screenshot to the wiki.
I also exited to Ubuntu using USER: xbmc pass: blank.

I then was able to install from the lubuntu.

I must have miss this in the wiki. Could somebody point out where I might have missed this in the wiki? That -- You can install from the desktop environment. If it isn't it might be useful to add it as an option, but it's late and I'm probably wrong.

Good Day.