Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: missing weather icon on main menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello,

i have 2 xboxs. on one xbox i can see the current weather icon and temp. on the main screen (button left hand corner) while the other xbox is not displaying it. i can not find any setting where this feature can be enabled.

there is no network problem, if i go inside the weather menu this works on both xboxes. i can see rss feed on main screen as well.

they are both running exactly the same version of xbmc. have tried deleting the xbmc udata and tdata. deleted the entire xbmc folder and reinstalled the it, but still no go.

it's only the main screen not displaying the current weather icon/temp on one xbox.

can you please help. thanks.

ok found some info. to try ... http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=15650.

after reading the above article, i think it could be an issue with 4:3 and 16:9 .... one of my xbox is set to 4:3 and the other is 16:9, they might be using different home.xml or the coordinates might be wrong for a wide screen ... will set my other xbox to 4:3 and see if it comes up ... will check later when i get home and keep you posted.

ok ... the problem was the ../skin/project mayhem iii/pal/home.xml had the entry but the ../skin/project mayhem iii/pal 16x9/home.xml did not. after adding the lines as per the link, the weather is now showing on the home screen. wohoo.