Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Integrating Plex metadata?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a noob to the world of HTPCs and I've been fooling around with XBMC and Plex for the last little while and have been impressed by XBMC for it's robust feature set and good android remote support but also by Plex's uncanny ability to scrape accurate details on my media even if the file is named, shall we say, idiosyncratically. I know about software like Renamer and the Plex plug ins, which seem to disappear and reappear inconveniently, forcing a refresh. Is there a way to take what info Plex gets about my movies and TV and port that seemlessly into the XBMC movie page?
Hi Welcome to the community Smile

Not that i know of. But a piece of advise, if you plan to use XBMC, take the time to fix your media to fit the naming convention if you want to avoid issues with scrapers. Yes its a pain but it will avoid alot of long term headaches cause by bad naming. If you want a good tool, MediaElch does a great job!
(2013-06-05, 22:29)saitoh183 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Welcome to the community Smile

Not that i know of. But a piece of advise, if you plan to use XBMC, take the time to fix your media to fit the naming convention if you want to avoid issues with scrapers. Yes its a pain but it will avoid alot of long term headaches cause by bad naming. If you want a good tool, MediaElch does a great job!

I'll check it out. Thanks for the advice and the welcome too. Smile