Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Converting Eden smart playlists format to Frodo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've finally sat down to figure out why Frodo was giving me trouble with pseudotv, and I've found out my smartplaylists format I was using in Eden doesn't work under Frodo. For example:

Eden:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>Boomerang</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">The Flintstones</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">The Jetsons</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="contains">Looney Tunes</rule>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

Frodo:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>Boomerang</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="title" operator="is">
        <value>Looney Tunes</value>
        <value>The Flintstones</value>
        <value>The Jetsons</value>
        <value>Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

I have nearly 100 smartplaylists with the Eden format, and I would really like to avoid having to recreate them for Frodo, is there an easy way to convert them that I'm missing?
I didnt have to convert my playlist when switching. You know you can test your configuration by making a copy of your userdata folder, Install XBMc frodo in another folder, starting XBMC in portable mode by making a shortcut of your frodo version. After you start it, it will create a new folder in your Frodo installation folder.Exit, Copy your userdata content to your frodo location and start it up again. now you can test without affecting your Ede installation.
(2013-06-06, 04:46)saitoh183 Wrote: [ -> ]I didnt have to convert my playlist when switching. You know you can test your configuration by making a copy of your userdata folder, Install XBMc frodo in another folder, starting XBMC in portable mode by making a shortcut of your frodo version. After you start it, it will create a new folder in your Frodo installation folder.Exit, Copy your userdata content to your frodo location and start it up again. now you can test without affecting your Ede installation.

Eh I've tried both ways: leaving my old userdata be and installing frodo, and adding it back later as you described. (I don't mess with my htpc xbmc install until I'm sure I have everything figured out, so I've tested a fair amount on my everyday workstation)

The playlists I need to convert aren't stored in the default location though, are you saying the ones in the userdata folder are converted the first time you open Frodo? I am positive the Eden format listed above does not work in Frodo; it doesn't error or anything but when you browse to and open the playlist it pulls back a completely random assortment of media (both tv and movies, regardless of what type of playlist it is set to) in frodo, but works fine with the same files in Eden.

I think I'll just suffer through converting them by hand... ready to move to frodo already.
man 100 playlist...may i ask why? You know that maybe certain playlist could be converted tag (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_library_tags) and them you can make menus out of those tags
(2013-06-06, 04:58)saitoh183 Wrote: [ -> ]man 100 playlist...may i ask why? You know that maybe certain playlist could be converted tag (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_library_tags) and them you can make menus out of those tags

After a few different methods I settled on smart playlists to power the majority of my pseudotv 'channels,' after I became familiar with the previous playlists' format it was easy to create new channels outside of xbmc instead of using the gui. Also pretty easy to make channels with only certain shows or certain movies. I don't know, it's worked great in Eden. Also as I had multiple clients using the same playlists, only had to change something once to affect changes. Guess I should have checked to see upcoming changes last year when I set this all up, didn't anticipate the playlists changing, hehe.

I don't think pseudotv can use tags just yet, and they wouldn't be as flexible as smart playlists for my purposes neither I don't think.

Thanks for trying to help anyway though. Let's see how much I can automate with sed and such...