Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: scraping TV episodes with .1 in the number (double episode)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Struggling with this one, would love some help. Going to use Season 4, episode 1 of The West Wing as an example.
thetvdb link is http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&...&order=dvd

This seems to be a "DVD order" specific problem.

My file structure is:
The West Wing/Season 4/01.1 Twenty hours.avi
The West Wing/Season 4/01.2 Twenty hours.avi

Which is numbering the episodes as indicated in the episode number at thetvdb, but the episode is never detected.

My TV regex is:
Code:
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>

I've tried various naming of the file, including just "01 name" and "01-1 name" etc, none work. This is happening for other shows too.
Do not include sections of logs. If anything upload complete logs to xbmclogs.com or upload a debug log (wiki) to xbmclogs.com .

Did you set the scraper to use DVD ordering as well ?
But you do not need an advancedsettings.xml at all to do this, just make sure your scraper is set to DVD order as well.
Without the settings in advancedsettings.xml, the files would not scrape at all, the log file shows an "could not enumerate file" message.
I think that's because although the naming convention I'm using is quite sensible (to me) it's not one of the standard ones supported by xbmc out of the box.

Yes, the scraper is set to dvd order.
Sorry about including a log segment, I thought it would have been helpful.
To quote the page I linked to:
Quote:Note: For simplicity, the split-episode pattern has been excluded from the examples below.

To allow for split-episodes, replace the [0-9]+ in the episode capturing group with [0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?

So in your case, your regex:
Code:
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>
should instead look like:
Code:
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>

It should be that simple.
Well shit! That worked perfectly !

Thanks for that, I swear I've read that page multiple times but somehow missed that line.
Cheers Smile
I know this a really old thread but it helped me out and is almost exactly what I need. I added the "[0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?" part to my advanced setting but now it isn't picking up the fact that its a 2 part episode in one so 21.1-21.2 as a single file. It is only picking up the 21.1 part. Any ideas how to ad that to the regex?
my whole regex is (?:Arc|Book|Season|Volume|Series)?[\._ ]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*[\\/]([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$
It worked with the old regex of (?:Arc|Book|Season|Volume|Series)?[\._ ]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*[\\/]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$ just no 'dot' episodes.