Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraping TV shows in the share's root
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is there any way to allow TV show files in the root of a share to be matched based on filename? As I mentioned in another thread, I'm a recent MediaPortal "convert," on MP I used the "MP-TVSeries" plugin to gather TheTVdb info. MP-TVSeries doesn't care where in the included paths something is... there's no specially-named-subdirectory requirement. If it sees a new file it tries to match it, and pops up a dialog with possible matches if something's ambiguous, and allows you to reassign mismatches. Once you've taught it what show a certain naming convention goes to, subsequent ones with different season/episode info are automatically filed correctly.

It seems the Movies section gathers info on files in the root of the share, was hoping there might be an advancedsettings.xml option I'm missing, or something like that.

Thanks!
AFAIK you need to put them into named directories. The instructions are here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...s/TV_shows
Especially the note on that page:
Quote:Note: Flat structures with files for different shows in a single directory are not supported.

There are a lot of external mediamanagers available that can help you with structuring your files correctly, see Video_library/Naming_files/TV_shows#Supplemental_tools (wiki)