Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: change source address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way if my source IP address changes to keep my library and just update everything to point to the new address?

It's happened to me twice now... the IP of my network source changed. I have set it with a static IP now but once I go change the IP (I'm using AFP) it asks if I want to refresh. If I do, I end up with 2 of everything. If I don't, then nothing works as it can't find the sources anymore.
Just set it to a static IP.
When you end up with two of everything: Settings / Videos / Library / Clean Library ...

This function will perform a number of 'cleanup' tasks on your video database and can be run if you have moved, deleted or renamed files.
* Removes any videos with invalid paths and all information tied to these files.
* Removes all removable media (example: DVD) without checking for existance + all information tied to these files.
Okay, but really the cleanup will delete the "old" files and keep the "new" ones so everything that I've watched will be marked as unwatched right? There is no way to just change the existing library?

Not a big deal, just time consuming to start over again (this time with a static IP).