Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WIP] XMedia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wanted to share the progress of my skin so far Wink Hope you like it. It's based on the Foundation Skin and inspired from a alot of skins I used in the past, so thanks to all the great skinners and the XBMC Wiki (which helped me alot) !!! Rofl

Supported Scripts so far...
* those are needed and will be installed with the skin.

watch gallery

MORE TO COME ...
very nice looking forward to this skin
I'm looking forward too.
Still don't know which way to go for the homescreen Confused Any opinions? I Think the second one looks better.

YESSSS
i like the first one better Smile
I would go with the first and use the new album section of the second version.
(2013-06-10, 15:51)`Black Wrote: [ -> ]I would go with the first and use the new album section of the second version.

That's what I thought ^^ I just added a skin option to show big or small album panels.

I need some help. What's the best way to let users add their custom playlists to the panel? Is there a special script for this?
No there is no script. Here's an example how you could do it

PHP Code:
# Container item
<item id="1">
    <
label fallback="Top 100">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMusicPlaylist1.Label)]</label>
    <
icon>DefaultMusicTop100.png</icon>
    <
thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMusicPlaylist1.Icon)]</thumb>
    <
onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(CustomMusicPlaylist1)">ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMusicPlaylist1.Path)],return)</onclick>
    <
onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(CustomMusicPlaylist1)">ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,top100,return)</onclick>
</
item>

# Settings buttons
<control type="radiobutton">
    [...]
    <
onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(CustomMusicPlaylist1)</onclick>
    <
onclick>Skin.Reset(CustomMusicPlaylist1.Label)</onclick>
    <
onclick>Skin.Reset(CustomMusicPlaylist1.Iconl)</onclick>
    <
onclick>Skin.Reset(CustomMusicPlaylist1.Path)</onclick>
    <
selected>Skin.HasSetting(CustomMusicPlaylist1)</selected>
</
control>

<
control type="button">
    [...]
    <
onclick>Skin.SetFile(CustomMusicPlaylist1.Path,.xsp|.m3u,special://profile/playlists/music/)</onclick>

<visible>Skin.HasSetting(CustomMusicPlaylist1)</visible>
</
control

If you also want to allow direct editing with the back key on the home screen, you can look how it's done in my skin.
Thanks. I will give it a try Wink
I am not a massive fan of Metro style skins, but I will be glad when Gotham get's here with touchscreen support. The Metro style skins are idea for touchscreen use especially if you can use the skin on say a tablet. and then have the movie play on your TV. You are doing a very nice job if this is based on Foundation. I am still struggling but do not have much time. Keep up the good work.

P.S The second home page does look a lot better in my eyes.
great skin, any possibility of tests?
(2013-06-12, 04:02)m1loadcrazy Wrote: [ -> ]great skin, any possibility of tests?

Not yet as some sections are unusable right now. As soon as it gets more stable there will be a first testing release Wink
cool
A quick update Tongue After rearranging the homescreen several times, the final version is finished.
  • Added options to hide every section
  • Almost every tile and widget can now be customized

Still a lot to go, but the project is not dead Big Grin
Pages: 1 2