Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Battlestar Galactica The Miniseries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the entire 2003 Battlestar Galactica series. I have all of it in my library. Except for the miniseries. I have tried everything to get it into my library. I can do an "episode info" and then reload then select "Battlestar Galactica 2003" and all the right actors faces appear but it will not scan into my library. I have been trying for days to get this one thing into xbmc correctly. I even named it exactly how it is on tvdb. http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...5950&lid=7 but that isn't working either.

I am now at the end of my rope with it. I need advice. This is frustrating as hell.

and the log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27607
I had it in 2 parts, named "Battlestar.Galactica.2003.S00E01.Miniseries (1).mkv" and "Battlestar.Galactica.2003.S00E02.Miniseries (2).mkv". and put them in a BSG folder called "Season 0". That worked for me. Same with the other BSG specials.
What pagali said.
Specials should always be named as season 0. =)

Video library/Naming files/TV shows#Special episodes (wiki)
You are better off creating an original NFO file and then editing yourself. Battlestar Galactica has episodes such as Razor, that fall mid season, and yet you have to have them as a separate special. So in some respect's you are missing out on the plot.
(2013-06-13, 10:29)Mark Norville Wrote: [ -> ]You are better off creating an original NFO file and then editing yourself. Battlestar Galactica has episodes such as Razor, that fall mid season, and yet you have to have them as a separate special. So in some respect's you are missing out on the plot.

That is not true. XBMC 12 and higher will show such episodes mid-season as well.
It uses the 'airs before' flag for that.

For instance the Razor (1) episode you can see here, In this case you will see that special in the Specials/Season 0 season as well as on the beginning of Season 4.

Similarly, s00e09 will also be shown as S9 between s04e10 and s04e11, becaiuse the 'airs before' flag is set to s04e11

EDIT: looked around for an example and this is the best I can find right now:

This shows special episodes 1-6 which have the 'airs before' flag set to S01E01 and are shown in the season 1 folder.

EDIT: found another