Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Windows 8 XBMC Freezes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am facing a strange issue after installing Windows 8 on my XBMC system. I had everything working with Windows 7 before I upgraded to Windows 8. No when I click on some of the streams, I get a "Working" animation at the bottom right and nothing happens after that. With Windows 7, I was able to press backspace here and go back to the previous screen. But with Win-8, I can't go back by pressing the back button.
But if I press "Stop" button on my remote, I get a Frozen XBMC. All I can do is press ctrl+alt+delete to get out. Any one else has similar issues and any possible fixes? Wondering if I should go back to Windows 7.
i have and still am using windows 8 for my xbmc machine and don't have any issues i actually find it runs more efficiently on win 8 machine than the win 7 one and i am a big fan on windows 7 OS
Why anyone would upgrade to Windows 8 is beyond me. Its the most problematic product Microsoft has ever put out and ranks up there with windows Millennium. It seems every second release from Microsoft is filled with crap programming, features that piss people off and nothing but issues for its users.

Windows 3.xx - A great product for its time, ahead of the curve and the beginning of modern day OS's
Windows 95 - LOL! Right. The exhibition of the OS to the public and the blue screen of death says it all.
Windows 98 - Decent. A great improvement on 95.
Windows ME - Bar none, the worst release from Microsoft, causing the entire OS to be rebuilt for the next release
Windows XP - Microsft's best OS released to date.
Windows Vista - Ranks up there with Windows 95, horrible, full of OS pop ups and security warnings, the worst networking features out of any release.
Windows 7 - Great improvement, the most stable OS from Microsoft compared to the previous releases
Windows 8 - HAHAHAHA! That was a good prank they pulled! So when are they going to release the real Windows 8 OS?

Switch to Ubuntu. You'll never look back.
(2013-06-14, 19:09)sapper6fd Wrote: [ -> ]Why anyone would upgrade to Windows 8 is beyond me. Its the most problematic product Microsoft has ever put out and ranks up there with windows Millennium. It seems every second release from Microsoft is filled with crap programming, features that piss people off and nothing but issues for its users.

Windows 3.xx - A great product for its time, ahead of the curve and the beginning of modern day OS's
Windows 95 - LOL! Right. The exhibition of the OS to the public and the blue screen of death says it all.
Windows 98 - Decent. A great improvement on 95.
Windows ME - Bar none, the worst release from Microsoft, causing the entire OS to be rebuilt for the next release
Windows XP - Microsft's best OS released to date.
Windows Vista - Ranks up there with Windows 95, horrible, full of OS pop ups and security warnings, the worst networking features out of any release.
Windows 7 - Great improvement, the most stable OS from Microsoft compared to the previous releases
Windows 8 - HAHAHAHA! That was a good prank they pulled! So when are they going to release the real Windows 8 OS?

Switch to Ubuntu. You'll never look back.

Hi sapper6fd, I considered ubuntu, but I have seen that HD6450 card is not quite compatible with linux and HD audio doesnt work. So I decided on using windows. Again I like linux, but I get windows OS for free as an MSDN member and also in case of any problems, it will be easier for my wife as well to troubleshoot. Linux is a bit confusing for her.

I started with windows 7, but as windows 8 is a bit quicker than windows 7 based on reviews on different forums, I upgraded. I have been using windows 8 on my other computers since the release and personally like it.

(2013-06-14, 16:00)protocol77 Wrote: [ -> ]i have and still am using windows 8 for my xbmc machine and don't have any issues i actually find it runs more efficiently on win 8 machine than the win 7 one and i am a big fan on windows 7 OS

Hi protocol77, I still have the issue, but it is not related to the OS, but certain addons when they are trying to reach a online streamed video with broken link, XBMC is freeing. Not sure why this is happening.

This is only for a handfull of links. Other broken links dont cause this issue.
I keep getting the same message incorrect structurefor all the files in fusion and i'm running windows 8 is there some thing I need to download to fix this please help being trying for 2 days now
thanks nelliejohn