Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Question regarding automatic scraping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings all,

I have a question with regards to scraping. *** alert *** I realize this is perhaps nitpicking so please treat it as a generic question, not a big deal Smile

Every now and then I reinstall XBMC, change hardware within the house etc.
I have a NAS which houses my collection of movies and shows, and I read from this using NFS within multiple XMBC instances.
Scraping is configured nicely using folder lookup and usually works fine.

My question is this - sometimes themoviedb renames a movie, or changes a year or something, thus invalidating my original folder name. Not really a problem as the original scrape was valid, but when I reinstall XBMC the movie gets missed and I have to manually correct.
Of course I could scrape once, export the data to individual files and that would work, but I like to pull in new/updated fanart and the such as usually a corrected entry has better scans too.

I was wondering whether it is possible to only record the movie ID (to link a file/folder to the correct movie once) while pulling in all the other info fresh if so desired?

That should normally let me fetch all the corrected movie details without forcing me to manually re-scrape stuff.

Would such a thing be possible, or have I finally hit my barrier of crazy tinkering? ^^

Many thanks,

P.
You can make an .nfo file that contains the URL on the scraper website: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO...ning_a_URL
Excellent, that looks like it will do just what I want! Thanks!

Are there any tools to specifically generate an NFO containing only this that anyone is aware of?