Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: changing NAS drive paths for files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi....

I am changing devices from a disk on my windows box, to a NAS, and from CIFS mounts to NFS mounts pointing to
the new NAS.

Using xbmc frodo under raspbmc, can I stop xbmc, go into the /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/sources.xml file and change the paths for the libraries?

As an example, my old path for video was:
/cifs/media/Video_Library

The new path is:
/NFS/data/video/Video_Library

Everything below the last part is relative and exact with the old disks....

Then restart XBMC?
Not so sure about changing file systems, but I have done what you want to do when moving files from one share to another. And it worked. Something that I normally do is, make a backup (copy) of your complete appdata/xbmc folder, make changes to the "original" files in appdata/xbmc, and if the outcome is not favourable, you can just replace the broken files with the backed up copy
I'm not worried about the changed file systems as I've used logical links before to bandaid my original setup

Backing up the app structure is a great idea first!

Thanks!
Anything that's actually scanned into the library will have their paths also saved in the video DB, so changing sources.xml won't be enough unless you only use Files view.

You'll want to either do multi-file export and rescan with the import-watch-status tag on in advancedsettings.xml, or find/replace the file paths using an SQL DB editing tool. Do the backup and then I would try an SQL DB editing tool on userdata (wiki)/database/MyVideos75.db