Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why do I keep losing my shortcuts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why do I keep losing my shortcuts? Every time I start XBMC my video shortcuts are gone, not all the time but most of the time.
Elaborate. What do you mean by video shortcuts? Favorites? Bookmarks? Don't forget to also include a debug log (wiki) so we can see what is going on under the hood.
I mean I go into system and create shortcuts for example ice films, they are they under the video tab, but when I reboot or switch off the box they are no longer there when I restart XBMC.
do you have xbmc setup to automatically start with android?

if so then try disabling that, and just start xbmc manually when android starts.

i had this problem on my android atv1200 and it seems that xbmc is being launched before android has got all of xbmc's required files ready. like the guisettings file for example. just waiting an extra 5 seconds or so before clicking on the xbmc app seems to sort the issue.
(2013-06-20, 13:10)MW35 Wrote: [ -> ]I mean I go into system and create shortcuts for example ice films, they are they under the video tab, but when I reboot or switch off the box they are no longer there when I restart XBMC.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149712

Pick another example.
This problem is not restricted to Android, it also happen on my Linux system... Generally it happen when XBMC was craching or was killed (because XBMC has frozen).
I was able to easily reproduce the problem :
No XBMC doesn't start automatically only if I manually selected after the android box as booted, it doesn't happen every time but it happens a lot doesn't seem to happen on my PC Samsung Galaxy Tab though strange
mine dissappear every time i reboot etc ,i have gone into my sytem,profile directory,database and deleted texture13.db as instructed and delete this file and reboot and set up shortcuts but it all hppens again
(2016-04-11, 21:52)flyingsolo69 Wrote: [ -> ]mine dissappear every time i reboot etc ,i have gone into my sytem,profile directory,database and deleted texture13.db as instructed and delete this file and reboot and set up shortcuts but it all hppens again

This only happens in jarvis for me but could not find a fix so went back to isengard
This happens on my firesticks as well as my fire box using default confluence skin and 5.0.5 firmware (not sure if latest firmware makes any difference)
I've experienced a similar thing on both Kodi 16 and SPMC. Happens when I didn't properly shut down the app first after making changes to the UI.

If I want to make sure my changes stay, I have to make sure to exit out of the Kodi through the app. Then when I re-open it, the settings have stuck.

If I make changes and then happen to force close Kodi for whatever reason, like restarting or updating Kodi while it's open, then any of the changes I just made will disappear.
Im also having a similar issue along with a few others. I just posted a thread a minute ago with my problems along with shortcuts being deleted.
I am experiencing the same problem on my Amazon Firestick. Change all the setting and layout with the add ons I want, I close kodi and reopen it and it opens as if it's the first time and reverts back to default settings.
hi guys,

I found a solution for this. I hope it will work for you.

in kodi goto system - profiles - login - autologin - choose master user
I had the same issue. I found that if I EXIT kodi before shutting down or re-booting (by this I mean using the off button at the bottom left of the screen) I do not lose all my shortcuts or adjustments I have made.
(2016-04-21, 02:43)mustang_5l Wrote: [ -> ]I had the same issue. I found that if I EXIT kodi before shutting down or re-booting (by this I mean using the off button at the bottom left of the screen) I do not lose all my shortcuts or adjustments I have made.

On the latest amazon firmware and jarvis kodi i have now got it to stop losing my own created shortcuts by doing the same ( ie like a restart when installing progs on a computer) just exit kodi at bottom left hand corner after first changing the icons
you dont have to do this all the time only after the first time

worked for me on a amazon fire box will try it on my sticks later
Pages: 1 2