Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
netflix will not work with xbmc ... and libshairplay has nothing to do with airplaying video. And before you ask - newest youtube app from google won't work with XBMC either - companies start to break airplay compatibility with us lately and it gets harder and harder to fix it up (as most stuff is already encrypted and hidden from us).
(2014-05-19, 10:16)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]netflix will not work with xbmc ... and libshairplay has nothing to do with airplaying video. And before you ask - newest youtube app from google won't work with XBMC either - companies start to break airplay compatibility with us lately and it gets harder and harder to fix it up (as most stuff is already encrypted and hidden from us).

No idea what you mean.
I can airplay youtube from my iphone with ios7 (latest update) from the youtube app, I can airplay images from Photos app, and I can airplay music...
On Gotham 13.1 beta. Don't have netflix, but I can airplay videos from other apps as well (e.g. from Photos).
Well then its maybe region related but youtube definitly implemented somthing which xbmc is not able to understand for me (sending mlhls://localhost/master.m3u8 for each movie ... nothing XBMC knows how to handle).
(2014-05-19, 10:25)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Well then its maybe region related but youtube definitly implemented somthing which xbmc is not able to understand for me (sending mlhls://localhost/master.m3u8 for each movie ... nothing XBMC knows how to handle).

youtube does not send a "link" to be opened by XBMC, it's being streamed (don't know the protocol - airplay? Big Grin) to XBMC...
fyi, shairplay IS required, and the version shipped with XBMC (in tools) applies a patch that I found crashes streaming - at least with my devices (iphone and ipad).
hence the older commit I posted, which worked best for me... (latest version with that commit reversed still not as good as the commit I posted).

EDIT: and here it is, its http ...

Code:
18:09:06 T:3043184640  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: https://r4---sn-ppoxu-ntql.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?ipbits=0&sparams=clen%2Cdur%2Cgir%2Cid%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Citag%2Clmt%2Cmime%2Crequiressl%2Csource%2Cupn%2Cexpire&ip=14.2.43.136&sver=3&mv=m&dur=198.646&source=youtube&signature=523821B94A01729D6B751479BD0D78187B0C4454.BC9AEDA78C9C48B81B8CA6FDCB77DBE6DECDE747&itag=22&mws=yes&requiressl=yes&fexp=938805%2C938644%2C931962%2C916627%2C940319%2C913434%2C939940%2C939944&id=ed54525d15c1582b&clen=44664027&cpn=eFIPONxBHV_j37nk&mime=video%2Fmp4&upn=EzaxdAHseds&lmt=1398989464486874&ms=au&expire=1400513105&gir=yes&mt=1400488715&dnc=1&key=yt5|User-Agent=AppleCoreMedia%2f1.0.0.8F455%20(AppleTV%3b%20U%3b%20CPU%20OS%204_3%20like%20Mac%20OS%20X%3b%20de_de)
Yes its a http url. And my statement is wrong? It sends this url and XBMC plays it (yes it streams the data technically but - the airplay feature is already done at that point).

Can you point me to the commit of shairplay which crashs for you? Also just for a headsup - shairplay is the implementation for allowing airtunes (streaming music). It is not mandatory to have this for beeing able to use AirPlay (where AirPlay means streaming video and photo in that case). Of course since ios6 the clients do a airtunes connection prior the real airplay connection - but only if the server announces AirTunes support (which we do - as long as we are compiled with shairplay).

And i don't question the fact that you are getting http urls from your youtube app - but i can assure you that it also is able to provide nonsense urls like the one i have posted (the reason is unknown) - and it does this for me and other users atm.

For the shairplay patches - i count 3 of them here:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master...bshairplay

Did you mean those? Those are 1:1 backports from the upstream and nothing we invented by our own. Would be nice to know which crashes you and why.

Also - are you the guy who was/is a very active developer on the odroid / hardkernel platforms? Or am i mixing up nick names here?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...race.patch
this is the one that is not working for me -- with this I can't even start airplay in xbmc.
i know it's from upstream... I tried upstream head => airplay does not start; upstream head + revert this commit => start but sometimes there are issues; upstream commit from prev post => not perfect also, but best results for me. I did not actually investigate why it fails to start...
and yes you are not mixing up nicknames Smile
Is music via airplay expected to work with Gotham on windows and iOS 7? I've have no luck with music but videos are working.
(2014-05-19, 18:35)bradvido88 Wrote: [ -> ]Is music via airplay expected to work with Gotham on windows and iOS 7? I've have no luck with music but videos are working.

Yup. Music is working for me right now. What problems are you having?
It rarely starts playing on XBMC. Sometimes it does, but most of the time nothing happens on XBMC -- on the phone it looks like it should be connected and the seconds continue to increment on the song. This is with XBMC 13.1-beta1 on Windows 7 and iOS 7.1
(2014-05-19, 19:01)bradvido88 Wrote: [ -> ]It rarely starts playing on XBMC. Sometimes it does, but most of the time nothing happens on XBMC -- on the phone it looks like it should be connected and the seconds continue to increment on the song. This is with XBMC 13.1-beta1 on Windows 7 and iOS 7.1
I'm seeing the same issue in 13.0 - but only intermittently. I haven't tried Beta 1 or 2 yet. Usually it works but if I stop/start airplay often enough it gets into the state you describe where the iOS device thinks it is playing but nothing is happening (visibly) at the XBMC end.

I posted about this near the end of this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1698517

I haven't had much time to do further testing on this but hope to soon. Probably best to discuss this problem in that other thread as this thread was originally related to Frodo...
Enable airtunes debug logging (advancedsettings.xml) and post a debug log (wiki) so i can see whats going on there.
(2014-05-20, 12:52)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Enable airtunes debug logging (advancedsettings.xml) and post a debug log (wiki) so i can see whats going on there.
Yep, will do. Have been meaning to for a while but every time I try to set up a debugging session I keep getting interrupted. Wink
(2014-05-19, 19:01)bradvido88 Wrote: [ -> ]It rarely starts playing on XBMC. Sometimes it does, but most of the time nothing happens on XBMC -- on the phone it looks like it should be connected and the seconds continue to increment on the song. This is with XBMC 13.1-beta1 on Windows 7 and iOS 7.1
Check to see if you have the addon "CU LRC Lyrics" by Taxigps/ronie installed. (I have version 2.0.9, which was automatically installed by a skin) If you do, try un-installing it and then try audio airplay again. I think this may be the cause of the problem but I am still carrying out tests to confirm it 100%.

Edit: also which skin do you use ?
(2014-05-20, 12:52)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Enable airtunes debug logging (advancedsettings.xml) and post a debug log (wiki) so i can see whats going on there.
Ok, looks like it's not an airtunes problem at all. Smile

With a clean XBMC user folder I can't reproduce the problem at all.

With the XBMC user folder which is experiencing the issue I checked the debug log with the extra airtunes debugging enabled and there is absolutely nothing wrong there - as far as the log is concerned the airtunes session is working fine. I did see errors relating to the CU LRC Lyrics addon though.

So on a hunch I investigated this further, knowing that CU LRC Lyrics also causes problems with the audio stopping on the Spotify add-on. Sure enough, if I added CU LRC Lyrics to my clean XBMC install and enabled it the problem occurred, and removing it from my normal install fixed it.

I can only seem to reproduce the problem with CU LRC Lyrics installed and the Amber skin - with Confluence I can't reproduce it. So I'm not sure if its a bug in Amber or a bug in CU LRC Lyrics, maybe it affects some other skins as well. (Or perhaps its a bug in the core XBMC unrelated to airtunes, since I wouldn't have thought that a lyrics addon should be able to cause audio playback from both the spotify addon and airtunes to fail silently)

Bit of a pain really when some skins including Aeon MQ5 install CU LRC Lyrics automatically and it can't be removed without first removing those dependant skins. Every now and then I like to play with different skins including Aeon MQ5 and I forget that they install a crapload of add-ons that I don't want...

Sorry for the false alarm. Wink
Argh, I spoke too soon. I'm now testing it on my Mac at home and seeing some really weird stuff happening.

Even with CU LRC Lyrics un-installed I'm still randomly seeing issues - it works fine for a while then after playing/skipping a random number of songs in Spotify on the iPad it suddenly stops working again and refuses to play - the iPad thinks its playing but XBMC shows no activity on the screen, the log file shows airtunes working as normal, but no audio is coming out...

Also a few times I have seen it where I switch tracks in Spotify, the album art and song/album names update on the the full screen view but the sound of the previous song keeps playing! And not just for the two seconds that Airtunes buffers ahead either, but long periods of time like 30 seconds or more!

I can skip through 5-6 songs over a 20 second period and the audio from the first song is still playing - I don't even understand how that could be possible with airtunes, as surely the iPad stops streaming the first song when you switch to the next one, and there is no way that it buffered ahead 20 seconds ?

It's starting to look like it could be an Amber skin issue (although again how the skin could cause the problem I don't know) because switching to Confluence gets it working again and I've not as yet seen the issue on confluence.

Really baffled, really intermittent, makes no sense, but doesn't seem to be an Airplay problem per-se. I don't know if the issue affects local playback of music as I don't have a local music library on XBMC. Will keep testing...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11