Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
No way... Fix is platform dependend and we need the source code to make it available to all platforms...
I tweeted Sam and asked if he would be publishing his fix, and he said that he will do so when he's confident in it.
Could this be too simple??

See my OpenELEC testing on the Raspberry Pi's done today.

Nice find! Interesting that even a renaming of XBMC seems to mess AirPlay up without a reboot of the sending device. Makes it sound even more like an issue on the AirPlay/Apple side (sending device) and how it detects other targets.
If there still isn't an actual fix (in the works on xbmc side), has anyone with a dev account tried 7.1 beta? Or at least going to maybe once it gets a few builds in? Though from what was said before it sounds like some sort of fixed was found but not for every platform yet?
I can't emphasize it more - read http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1557344

sam has a fix - he doesn't share ...
(2013-12-02, 12:26)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]I can't emphasize it more - read http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1557344

sam has a fix - he doesn't share ...

Alright, well he said the fix will be out soon along with the raspbmc update. Has he openly said he won't help / give the source code for the fix or just ignoring any requests?

Edit: Just found his tweet on the 24th Nov that said he would when he was happy with it, and more recently (today) said the fix would be in the new update and it should be 'not long now'. So hopefully something happens soon Big Grin

It will be interesting to finally find out what the actual problem was!
Hi,

Sorry -- this is the plan of action.

Release Raspbmc update

Get feedback (couple of days). Not had enough feedback yet to definitively prove it's fixed.

Submit PR to Memphiz

(Will probably be about 5 days before it's in xbmc/master)

Best

Sam
How about sending a pr now - get it in mainline nightlies and get Feedback for all platforms not only raspbmc.

Sadly this fix misses the 12.3 Release window - i can already hear the complaints Sad
To confirm, I updated to the latest Open Elec build last night for my rasp pi. Since then I have been able to use Airplay (video and audio) without issue (via ios 7.0.4)
(2013-12-03, 02:58)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Sorry -- this is the plan of action.

Release Raspbmc update

Get feedback (couple of days). Not had enough feedback yet to definitively prove it's fixed.

Submit PR to Memphiz

(Will probably be about 5 days before it's in xbmc/master)

Best

Sam

This makes no sense to me. Basically what is being said is to test it on ALL users of a BRANCH (read: supported device, not code branch) of XBMC, as oppose to actually get it properly stress tested within XBMC across all hardware. This not only confuses me from a coding point of view, but also from a holistic one.

This is like XMBC devs saying that they'll hold back on all bug fixes in all builds except for the Android build, and only after launch flip the flag to include them in the build for all other platforms.

I personally don't care/mind because I run nightlies anyways, but what this act has basically done (due to missing the 12.3 release window) is have thousands upon thousands of users have to wait months for this to be included in their stable build.

Where is the "thank you" button?
I'm guessing he's trying to figure out what part of his changed actually fixed the issue, and if it indeed did fix the issue.

That being said, I wouldn't blame Sam for not jumping at the chance to open a PR to XBMC's main repo. Not everyone on Team XBMC has been very friendly to him, and vice versa, and I could certainly understand not wanting to deal with that (no one in this thread, that I know of). I won't get into the arguments of that issue, but just to let you know, there's more here than what meets the eye.
(2013-11-23, 14:15)versus_rob Wrote: [ -> ]This is actually too easy: after turning off bluetooth on my iPad (iOS 7.0.4) AirPlay showed up with video icon and so I was able to stream video!

Edit: Sorry, already seems to be broken. This is weird.

This worked for me as well. So far YouTube and Safari video streaming is functional with Bluetooth off. iPad could not see airplay video advertisement from XBMC until I turned BT off. I'm running XBMCbuntu Frodo 12.2 general release on Acer Revo and I'm streaming from an iPad running iOS 7.0.4. An earlier poster made a comment about airdrop. Perhaps BT and airdrop interferes with airplay video somehow. This makes it seem like an Apple issue to me.
Please help us testing for finding a sane bugfix for this problem:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179961
Streaming music has worked perfectly for me since Alpha 8. I'm using an iP5 with ios 7.0.4 and a Win8 client. I'm curious if anyone is looking into Album Cover updates. The album cover updates once, but never again during the airplay session.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11