Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Suddenly half my library is missing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi really weird issue, a few nights ago I noticed the watched indicator was wrong for one of the TV shows I have. It was showing 8 unwatched, when there should be ~30. I went into the folder and season 1 and half of season 2 are missing, XBMC is showing them as a single folder instead of two. I did a library update, it did not add the files back. I manually refreshed the folder and they reappeared but lost watched status. Then I started poking around and more then half my shows are like this.

At first I thought one of my source HD's went to sleep and XBMC was hiding them, I checked both my external HD's and they are working fine. I don't know if the DB was corrupt somehow? Everything else seems to be working. Running XBMC on a 512MB Raspberry Pi (rbej OE 12.2 build). Files are stored on two USB hard drives connected to a second Pi (Raspbian, latest), both Pis are connected to my router via ethernet.

Example:
\TV\Show\Season 1\3 episodes
\TV\Show\Season 4\6 episodes
(I have the entire series, 7 seasons all episodes).

Some folders seem to have only kept unwatched episodes, where others have random seasons and random episodes in the seasons. Doing a library update doesn't bring them back only a refresh by folder does. Anyone know what might have gone wrong and if there's an easier way to fix then manually refreshing every folder and marking as watched?
It would help if you explained what you did / upgraded / modified before this happened.

A debug log might help as well.
Thanks for the reply!

(2013-06-20, 16:11)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]It would help if you explained what you did / upgraded / modified before this happened.
Nothing out of the ordinary. A few days ago I did clean my library through settings, but it wasn't until last night I noticed the missing files. My first thought was the HD was inaccessible during the clean and the files were removed, except that doesn't explain why some episodes are still there and others are missing and they are part of the same show and on the same share. Why would doing an update not add them back?

(2013-06-20, 16:11)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]A debug log might help as well.
I can do one tonight when I get home, I was going to provide one before but I wasn't sure it would help. Wouldn't I need a log from when the issue occurred? Is there anyway to analyze the database and check for corruption?
http://pastebin.com/KDAgpSy9

I tried to do an update and the log is showing a lot of errors... any ideas?
You are looking for extrafanart folders. Do you have any of them ?
(2013-06-20, 23:43)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]You are looking for extrafanart folders. Do you have any of them ?
No I don't, I've had that option enabled for some time though and I do library updates every few days as I add content.

With the option disabled here's a new log: http://pastebin.com/925ngVgp

Last night I manually refreshed a show that had some missing episodes and now the entire show is empty? I'm starting to think either the scrapper is horribly broken or my DB is corrupt and I'm loosing random data any time something touches the DB.
Please use a skin that is not so badly broken and upload a debug log (wiki), not a normal log.