Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox One Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I can login again to youtube that fixed but de rss feed part does not work because of this script.rssclient,guiless any idea ?
(2014-01-14, 21:18)toyota12303 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the comments !
@grote345 : At the moment you can only snap videos and music, but i will look into adding snappable apps.
@QueK9 : Thanks! And it should all run fine on openelec as i have tested it on Ubuntu Linux and all worked fine apart from anything using the web browser. And i have also tested it on Gotham Alpha 11 and it all worked fine apart from if you open up the context menu on the games/apps section it will crash, but i will try and make a fix for this. The Live TV PVR functionality is supported and should be working fine and i will be soon adding something like the Xbox One Guide into it as well Smile
@iAMl3dgend : Yeah but you will have to manually edit your keymap xml. You will need to find : <button id="5">ContextMenu</button> on the first section and change this to : <button id="5">XBMC.ActivateWindow(55)</button> (This will open the charms bar from the lb burron) But i recommend mapping it to the start button or something instead because you will then not be able to open the context menu from your controller. Or you could download my keymap xml that i have created (http://www.mediafire.com/download/p0i7h1...roller.zip) this already has both buttons mapped Smile
@kingkearney : This should already be running fine on openelec as i have tested it on linux and it all worked fine apart from the web browser section.
@chisharpe : That screenshot was from a really old version of the skin and it has completely changed now. Also the trakt.tv feature can be disabled from the settings (alternative ads) this will disable trakt.tv and enable local content from your system.
@kingkearney : If you are experiencing dependency issues then you will have to make sure that you have deleted the previous version of my skin, copy over all dependencies to the addons folder. And if you are still experiencing the same problem then this addon.xml may fix it (you will just need to copy this to the skin folder) : http://www.mediafire.com/view/xny7gzyweg67xw5/addon.xml

Also i should be uploading an update in a few days that will be fixing a few problems Smile

I must be doing something wrong because my Live TV is not working when your skin is activated. I will try it again when I get home this evening.
updates?[/align]
(2014-01-29, 00:19)chisharpe Wrote: [ -> ]updates?[/align]

i dunno i messaged him he hasn't responded seems like its dead right now
Hi.
i installed this very nice skin.
but i just have "Pins Home Store" and dont have more (Terding Game TV & Movie Music Apps) on top menu.
how to add?

and movement in pages is slow and not 60fps. i have GTX260vga and AMDx965cpu.
help please..
(2014-02-06, 13:27)Vahid_PC Wrote: [ -> ]help please..

what are you trying to do exactly ?
hello Vahid_PC
He is change the skin interface,and with your configuration skin should operate normally.
ok . thanks.
and now please : how to change this skin to this :
http://i.imgur.com/um9j49h.jpg

If you give me a clue i follow that.
Unfortunately I can not find the link for old skin.
Best ways to ask toyota12303 for link,if I find the link I will publish here.

Best Regards

I think I found the link

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/g6x2eOOw0y/
thank you so much.
I still have the complete old skin in an zip file so if you need it just ask

Yo Toyota dude still alive or are you still working on the new update Huh
I am still working on the update but i haven't really been able to do to much lately as i have had loads of work to do.

I will be uploading an update in the next few days that will feature:
a few fixes - trakt.tv, live tv,
optional clock on bottom right - cn be disabled from the settings.
cleaned code
cleaned unused textures
added a nice new movie / tv collection section - still not finished
changed around the music section - still not finished
added a new settings section for the charms bar like the windows 8 one. - This can be disabled in the settings if you prefer the other one.
The new charms bar settings has some nice features like - turn notifications off for x amount of hours, power options, network status.
Changed alarm section

added a new optional boot menu, this can be turned on or off in the settings. This is because the skin has been sort of developed in to 2 skins, a Windows 8 like interface and the Xbox One interface. The windows 8 interface is completely customizable - colours, pins, backgrounds ect. Also has different views and some metro like apps will be added.
You can enable the boot menu and you will have 2 options - Xbox OS and Windows OS. Once you have booted into one of them you could go in to the settings and disable the boot menu and then every time you start up it will boot in to your chosen skin. Or you could just disable this feature and only the Xbox one skin will be there.

I will also be adding some new metro apps in to the skin and a nice new radio section that is linked with the tunein app.
I will also be adding some new views in to the skin. Some to fit the windows section and some to fit the xbox one section.

Anyway i the update should be online in the next few days.

@QueK9 : i have updated the Live Tv section and it should all be working properly now.
@chisharpe : The update should be online in the next few days.
@Vahid_PC : Hello, Thanks! and these sections are only available in the older version of the skin but i could send you a link to the old version if you want ? And for the problem with it being slow i am not sure why it is doing that as it should be working all fine with your hardware.
@grote345 : Hello, yeah haha haven't been able to do much to the skin lately as i have had loads of work to do but an update should be online in the next few days Smile

thanks for your latest news and your great WIP skin Smile Can you please upload your work on GitHub? it would be much easier to follow your development, have everything in one single place and keep track of issues as well. so it's good for you (the developer) and us users.
@toyota12303: I don't mind code borrowing / sharing - in fact I encourage it - but if you're going to do so at least give credit to the source of the code.