Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox One Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will do, thanks. It's weird because all the other skins are working. And I deleted every other skin besides this one so I'm stuck with Confluence lol
May be safe to call this a PC problem and not an issue with this skin, or XBMC for that matter.

I can't even launch XBMC anymore and my entire Windows experience is seeming pretty shitty right now. I'm gonna try to go in an delete my Windows user account and create a new one.
Grr got XBMC back up and running all other skins with no issue. I have no idea why this skin gives me so many headaches - and it's only on the dashboard. If I can get a click in and get to another part of the skin, like settings or games, everything works fine. I get a bit of the same lag in the xbox video section too, don't know if it's related.

Sad
@Dom DXecutioner :

Nahh that's fine, thanks for the suggestions!

Yeah i have tried to do it by doing skin.setimage and use the layout below

But for some reason the colours wouldn't show up on the tiles. Which way did you get it working with your skin ? as i would prefer to use this approach because would be much easier to see and select the colours.

Also on the video that you posted, on the system information screen how did you get the cpu usage and ram usage on a wheel ? (see image below)

@bakito : There should be an option in the skin settings - custom - and where it says custom tile 1, below that it says favourite, if you tick this option it should display your favourite on tile 1 (the same for all 4)

@bulletfever409 : Have you tried running the setup from the skin settings ? as this will fix a lot of things. (Skin settings-other-uncheck to run setup on next boot)

@ADHDMedia : I'm not sure why you are experiencing this problem as i have never experienced this on mine or any other computer that i have tested this on.
It could be something to do with XBMC or your System as the skin has something like 400 customizable options and all of these are saved in to the guisettings.xml I'm not sure but it may be too much for it to handle. This would explain why it is just this skin that isn't working for you. As i don't think any other skin has anywhere near that amount of settings. I could remove some of the settings and re-upload a different version for you to test if you like ?
Don't worry about. If you have time, a test wouldn't hurt. But my system should be capable of handling anything lol
Toyota I don't have any errors at all the skin with latest update is running fine I can test it if you want ?
I like the colors by the way
It's strange that it's only on the dashboard that this is happening. Everywhere else in the skin is just fine. Really frustrated. I tried trashing the guisettings.xml file and letting that rebuild and no dice.

Oh well, at least it works on 2 out of 3 of my HTPC's lol
Hello toyota12303

I finally found the time to look at new update,remarkable progress well done.
I have no more problems with store/apps,thanks.

Best Regards
Looking through the logs, I see the 'service.py' script error is related to forum browser - and next to the error it says "ignoring this...could cause memory leaks" or something to that effect.

Think this is a clue?
Now I tested skin XBox Extended from Dom DXecutioner.
He did a good job,I am also looking solution for wheel which measures cpu,ram,etc..
This is screenshot :

I think this is a solution,perhaps could be a solution for hdd.

<texture background="false">$INFO[System.CPUUsage,controls/progress-circular/icon,.png]</texture>
My approach is as follows:

1. create a white image for tiles; tile.png (4px4p)
2. create a tile for each color available: 00.png, 01.png, 03.png, etc.. (4px4p)
3. place the color tiles in folder such as "thumbs/tiles/"
4. use a color settting string to store the color: Skin.String(Setting.CustomTileColor)
5. create a container to display and select from the available colors
- add as many colors as needed
- use something meaningful for the label tag
Code:
<label>foo</label>
- point the icon to the thumb of the selectable color
Code:
<icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/01.png</icon>
- change the setting's value to the color selected using "onclick"
Code:
<onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FF0B99B3)</onclick>
6. create a group of controls for each tile or use a container
- image: the actual tile
Code:
    <control type="image">
        <posy>0</posy>
        <posx>0</posx>
        <width>155</width>
        <height>102</height>
        <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
        <texture>common/tile.png</texture>
        <colordiffuse>Skin.String(Setting.CustomTileColor)</colordiffuse>
    </control>
- image: the icon
- label: if displaying the tile's name
- a button for the focus; could also use this for the image icon
7. add a default color to either the startup.xml or settingsCategory.xml, in case the user cancels setup
Code:
<onload condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Setting.Dashboard.HasDefaults)">Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FF428D05)</onload>

CONTAINER: Custom Tile Color Selector
Code:
<control type="panel" id="9506">        <!-- CONTAINER | custom tile colors selector -->
    <width>288</width>
    <height>108</height>
    <focusposition>0</focusposition>
    <scrolltime>600</scrolltime>
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <viewtype>list</viewtype>
    <orientation>vertical</orientation>
    <onup></onup>
    <ondown></ondown>
    <onleft></onleft>
    <onright></onright>
        <itemlayout width="36" height="36">
            <control type="image">            <!-- listItem.icon -->
                <posy>4</posy>
                <posx>4</posx>
                <width>28</width>
                <height>28</height>
                <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
            </control>    
        </itemlayout>
        <focusedlayout width="36" height="36">                                    
            <control type="image">            <!-- listItem.icon -->
                <posy>4</posy>
                <posx>4</posx>
                <width>28</width>
                <height>28</height>
                <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
                <bordertexture>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/00.png</bordertexture>
                <bordersize>2</bordersize>
            </control>
        </focusedlayout>
        <content>
            <item>
                <label>FF428D05</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/01.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FF428D05)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>FF0B99B3</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/02.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FF0B99B3)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>FF00389E</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/03.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FF00389E)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>FFFF8FE3</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/04.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FFFF8FE3)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>FFFF3200</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/05.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FFFF3200)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>-</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/06.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FF794D1F)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>-</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/07.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FF4D6372)</onclick>
            </item>

<item>
                <label>-</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/08.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FF005900)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>-</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/09.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FF0074E3)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>-</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/10.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FF7D25FF)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>-</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/11.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FFFF2A77)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>-</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/12.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FFFF6F10)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>-</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/13.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FF726F53)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>-</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/14.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FF6C6D6C)</onclick>
            </item>

<item>
                <label>-</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/15.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FF005D59)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>-</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/16.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FF0D52FF)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>-</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/17.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FFCB30FF)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>-</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/18.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FFC62214)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>-</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/19.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FFFF9E00)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>-</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/20.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FF4D6A62)</onclick>
            </item>
            <item>
                <label>-</label>
                <icon>backgrounds/thumbs/tiles/21.png</icon>
                <onclick>Skin.SetString(Setting.CustomTileColor,FF4E4035)</onclick>
            </item>
        </content>
</control>

TIP

If you wish to enable transparency; you can add change the value "FF" to any number from 0-99, this indicates a transparency level.

Example: 75FF2A77 - this would give the color a 75% transparency

I hope this makes sense...

@Dom DXecutioner

I am also familiar with your own skin Dom, I also tested the skin NXE twist
I mean the firs onet I have one question for you, I Running xbmc 12.3 frodo just on the windows platform and when I log into my gamertag
I keep getting an error any idea why this happens ?
Can't say without a debug log...
Thanks for the explanation, Dom DXecutioner
I also liked,snap window it is very easy to move from snap to Dashboard.
I want to switch a some questions on XBMC4 on your site,if that's okay with you.

Best Regards
@Dom DXecutioner

How about this ?

20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: GAMERCARD HTML: data loaded to memory; will begin querying
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: IMAGE URL: http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/Altera...r-body.png
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: DOWNLOAD SKIPPED: C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.xboxone\system\D400040\gamertag\avatars\AlterableGrain4.png
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.Avatar,special://skin/system/D400040/gamertag/avatars/AlterableGrain4.png)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.Score,2635)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.Picture,special://skin/system/D400040/gamertag/pictures/AlterableGrain4.png)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: IMAGE URL: https://avatar-ssl.xboxlive.com/avatar/A...rpic-l.png
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: DOWNLOAD SKIPPED: C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.xboxone\system\D400040\gamertag\pictures\AlterableGrain4.png
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Recently Played Gamed - 01 ========================================
20:41:11 T:4700 NOTICE: TC's RainbowSix Vegas3/18/2014010000360%
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.Title.1,TC's RainbowSix Vegas)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.LastPlayed.1,3/18/2014)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.EarnedGamescore.1,0)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.AvailableGamescore.1,1000)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.EarnedAchievements.1,0)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.AvailableAchievements.1,36)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.PercentComplete.1,0%)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: IMAGE URL: http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/4p/BE/02dsb2...xrkP0=.jpg
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: DOWNLOAD SKIPPED: C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.xboxone\system\D400040\gamertag\icons\1431504854.jpg
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.Icon.1,special://skin/system/D400040/gamertag/icons/1431504854.jpg)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Recently Played Gamed - 02 ========================================
20:41:11 T:4700 NOTICE: Kingdoms &amp; Lords1/2/20143520052025%
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.Title.2,Kingdoms &amp; Lords)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.LastPlayed.2,1/2/2014)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.EarnedGamescore.2,35)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.AvailableGamescore.2,200)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.EarnedAchievements.2,5)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.AvailableAchievements.2,20)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.PercentComplete.2,25%)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: IMAGE URL: http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Tu/+Y/1mdsb2...m371E=.jpg
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: DOWNLOAD SKIPPED: C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.xboxone\system\D400040\gamertag\icons\1195774886.jpg
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Skin.Setting : XBMC.Skin.SetString(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.Icon.2,special://skin/system/D400040/gamertag/icons/1195774886.jpg)
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: XBox.Gamertag: Recently Played Gamed - 03 ========================================
20:41:11 T:4700 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2122' in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.xboxone\system\xbox.gamertag.py", line 132, in <module>
main()
File "C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.xboxone\system\xbox.gamertag.py", line 128, in main
nfo = GetGTNFO()
File "C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.xboxone\system\xbox.gamertag.py", line 105, in GetGTNFO
print game.text
File "<string>", line 7, in write
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2122' in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
20:41:11 T:4700 INFO: Python script stopped
20:41:11 T:4700 DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 4700 terminating
20:41:11 T:7312 DEBUG: waiting for python thread 41 (C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.xboxone\system\xbox.gamertag.py) to stop
20:41:11 T:7312 DEBUG: python thread 41 (C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.xboxone\system\xbox.gamertag.py) destructed
20:41:11 T:10184 NOTICE: XBLFriends: No gamerTag set