Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox One Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For future reference, use pastebin or something similar for debug logs, then post the link as to not clutter the forum.

As for the error, it's an encoding issue; in this case, it could not encode the trademark sign; same will happen when using the registered or copyright characters; will look into it at a later time.
Thanks for your time normal I always use pastebin
After some time of use or maybe because I often switch skin when I come back to xboxone skin , it crashes xbmc when I try to login...
Any ideas, or must i do the setup everytime I switch skin?

Suddenly I have some problems to see the bing advertisement the image will not load correctly until I go press the friends tile
(2014-03-29, 17:50)bakito Wrote: [ -> ]After some time of use or maybe because I often switch skin when I come back to xboxone skin , it crashes xbmc when I try to login...
Any ideas, or must i do the setup everytime I switch skin?

Sounds similar to my problem. Soon as I hit the dashboard after logging in, I start crashing.
@ADHDMedia : It must have something to do with XBMC then. I think that it might be something to do with the amount of settings ect. I should hopefully be uploading an update some time today. I will also upload a different version of the update that has a smaller amount of options.

@grote345 : Thanks!

@senna99 : Thanks!

@ADHDMedia : Yeah you could try removing forum browser and see if you still experience the problem. Though i don't see why it would effect just the dashboard and not other sections.

@senna99 : I have just recently found a solution to this and integrated this into my games and apps section of my skin. I have done it by using demo\wheel\$INFO[System.UsedSpace].png and then created 100 wheel icons and named them 0 % Used to 100% Used and placed them in to the media\demo\wheel folder. You can just copy the icons from mine if you want to. The same should work for ram/cpu usage by using e.g.
demo\wheel\$INFO[System.CpuUsage].png

@Dom DXecutioner : Thanks for that! This is working perfectly now.
Also do you know if it is possible to get an xbox live friends gamerpic on XBMC ?
I have recently been trying to add your own friends to the friends section and I have tested out all of the below to get the gamerpic but it fails to display the icon.:

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/$INFO[Skin.String(Friend1)]/avatarpic-l.png
https://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/$INFO[Skin.String(Friend1)]/avatarpic-l.png
www.avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/$INFO[Skin.String(Friend1)]/avatarpic-l.png
http://www.avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/$INFO[Skin.String(Friend1)]/avatarpic-l.png
https://www.avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/$INFO[Skin.String(Friend1)]/avatarpic-l.png

@bakito : I think that it may have something to do with the amount of skin options as my skin has around 400 options and all of these have to be loaded from the guisettings.xml when you switch to it. I will be uploading 2 versions with the next update : 1 that has all skin settings and another one that has lots of options removed as this may fix some problems.

@grote345 : This happens when it can't download the bing image in the startup time. In the next update i will add an option in the settings to have long boot, medium boot or short boot. The longer boot option will just take a few extra sections to boot up and this will make sure all images are downloaded by the time it reaches the dashboard.
The medium boot will just be the current startup time.
The short boot will take about a second or less to boot, this would be good for people with very fast internet but for others it may not be able to get the images in that time.

I should hopefully be releasing the next update today with 2 versions a minimal one (less settings) and a normal version (all settings)

In the latest update it includes :

Options for boot times - short, medium and long.
Options to disable startup items
Better option to change colour (see image below)
Added wheel to games & apps section displaying used HDD space (see image below)
Options to update on startup (update library, update addons, update repos, refresh weather)
Extra colours
Extra gamerpics

I will also try to include an option for a different charms bar, but i am not sure what how i want it looking at the moment.
I will also be trying to include the dependencies inside the skin so that you won't have to download them. They will all get extracted when the setup is ran.
Here are a few previews of how it's looking :

Toyota thanks great job by the way with the colors like it Smile

Question most of the xbmc wont shutdown correctly with the skin.
Most of the time I use the quit option because my system never goes offline only during maintenance
@grote345 : Thanks Smile

Ahh i have noticed this problem on mine as well, i thought that it was only me!
I always use python scripts to shutdown my system and it does it instantly so i will include an option in the skin settings to shutdown with scripts instead of the default.
I will also include an option to logout when the exit button is clicked as this is very useful for people who run XBMC as a shell.
Hello toyota12303

Thanks for sharing information,I created wheels for cpu in photoshop everything works perfectly.
But I lost a lot of time on $INFO[System.UsedSpace]. I now see how to write lines, thanks and Dom DXecutioner also.
For friends why do you not use my Friend.py, there are nineteen and I pull all the information about friends avatar,gamespic,RecentlyPlayed games.I just can not write lines, for friends to present in skin
as for example : <icon>$INFO[Skin.String(XboxLive.Gamer.RecentlyPlayed.Icon.1)]</icon> is for me and something like for my friends but it does not work.

<icon>$INFO[Skin.String(Friend1.RecentlyPlayed.Icon.1)]</icon>

Best Regards
For some reason do not work, $INFO[System.UsedSpace].png and $INFO[System.Memory(Used.Percent) only work
$INFO[System.CPUUsage] with wheels.

some suggestion
Toyota how is the update coming along ? just curious
I would suggest instead of the charms bar to have a popup, similar to the 360's when you hit the home button. I don't know what the xbox one's looks like, but I'm not a huge fan of the charms bad at the moment.

Just my opinion.
@ADHDMedia

Take a look at this video it will give you a good idea how the xbox one interface looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhe6jV-APwM
I didn't see anything like the old xbox 360 quick nav menu… does the One have one?

On a side note, I'm about [ ] this close to throwing my rig out the window lol

It started working again. After uninstalling/reinstalling, upgrading/downgrading, and trashing/restoring profiles and settings a million times, out of the blue, everything is working again.

While I don't expect it to stay this way for long, it's been working long enough for me to finally appreciate the update. Fantastic work buddy, keep it coming…!
@senna99 :
Hello senna99,

Thanks for that! i have just tested this out in mine and it works perfectly. The only problem is that the gamertag script must be ran after each time the friends script is ran because the friends script will set your recently played items to your friends, along with your gamerscore ect. But other than that it seems to be working fine Smile
Also for the wheels with cpu usage the names of the .png images will need to be changed a little. I'm not sure what the cpu usage names are but if you create a label and put $INFO[System.CPUUsage] then it will display the proper name. Then you rename each image to fit that. For example if the label said CPU Usage 4% , Then you would have to name each image from CPU Usage 0% to CPU Usage 100%.

grote345 : The update is coming along great i'm just changing around the friends section so that you can put your own xbox live friends then i will start uploading.

@ADHDMedia : Yeah that was what i was thinking, but something more metro-like as i don't really like the charms bar either.

What do you think of something like this ?
(This is probably not how it's going to look, it's just a little idea that i have made with ms paint.)

And yeah the xbox one does have one but it wouldnt really fit in with XBMC as it has no navigation controls, it's basically just a tv guide.
Here is how the Xbox One Guide looks :

Thanks! and in the latest update i have also included the dependencies built in to the skin. So that when the skin setup is ran it will install the required files for you. I will also try and create some python scripts soon to back up your XBMC profile files. So then if something goes wrong with your XBMC setup you will then be able to restore your profile to how it was in the beginning.