Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox One Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every time i install an update, I run the setup... but there aren't achievement in the my profile section, even i set up my gamertag...
thanks Toyota I manage to make it works !
cheers
I was thinking, I use artwork organizer that copy my fan art to some folder ( tv show and movies in difference folders ) maybe you can manage something like advance launcher in dash board, maybe it'll be more easy to achieve.
One tile of the dashboard with slide of fan art from tv show and when you click it goes to tv shows and one for the movies...
I'm a total noob in coding, but it seems that it 'll be more easier that way ... maybe I'm wrong ...
anyway thanks for your listening !
cheers!
And on my pc I have XBMC 12.3...
For the charm bar and the snap function it's everything good! :-)
The video player has some problems... when i start It I see flashes of light continuous and repeated
I have no issues with the video player using the most recent version of the skin.

Which is fantastic, by the way. Great job Toyota. Only thing I noticed as being a 'bug' this time that hasn't already been reported is during the setup process. It asked me for my username and then a password, which was new, and then it just showed me the screen with a couple premade gamertags and asked me to choose one or create my own. That screen should come first, and then if you click to create your own yuk should get the screens for username and password.

I was also thinking that during the setup it would be a good idea to add an option to skip 'kinect' setup if the user doesn't have a microphone connected. It would make a lot more sense.
Hi Toyota

Good build - like the new OSD!

Apologies, but OCD is now kicking in because everything else is pretty much perfect!...

The borders issue has improved now that most of the tiles use a proper frame, but I've still noticed an issue on the preview and user tiles. Looking at Includes_home I guess this is because selection is still using the solid white background for these? Screenshot is based on 1280x720 res to avoid scaling distortion.

I was also wondering if it would look better/more consistent is all the tiles had full width label backgrounds (i.e. the dark bg on settings is not full width) or fixed/not quite full width like the settings tile labels, and would it be possible for pinned 'favourite' tiles to have labels onfocus? I think this was mentioned previously by someone else.

On music, from a usability perspective, would be better (/possible) to go to the 'now playing' screen when playing an album?
No LiveTV Support?
Going back to what was already mentioned about the Advanced Launcher "Opening Stream" issue… would it be possible to just dim XBMC to black when launching something in Advanced Launcher? That way it just fades to black and then game opens, and when you come back it should fade it. Possible? No?
(2014-04-09, 06:44)ADHDMedia Wrote: [ -> ]Going back to what was already mentioned about the Advanced Launcher "Opening Stream" issue… would it be possible to just dim XBMC to black when launching something in Advanced Launcher? That way it just fades to black and then game opens, and when you come back it should fade it. Possible? No?
This problem is linked to the way Advanced Launcher is started from XBMC or the skin. "Opening Stream" message is displayed when Advanced Launcher is started by the XBMC PlayMedia() function. The right way to start Advanced Launcher is by using the XBMC RunPlugin() function.
I'll look into it, thanks.
Ya that didn't help much - don't really know where to start. All I really want is a more conspicuous way of presenting that 'opening stream' text. Right now it's in a big stripe across the whole screen.
@grote345 : I'm really not sure why it's still not working as i am also running Windows 8.1, Internet Explorer 11 and XBMC Frodo, i will keep looking in to it though.

@panta08031 : Have you tried going in to the skin settings and ticking the "link xbox gamertag" option and then signing out and back in ?
(This will run the script every time you start XBMC)

@bakito : Yeah i could add an option in the next update to have scrolling fanart for your TV shows & movies on the dashboard.

@panta08031 : The video player is part of XBMC and not part of the skin. Do you have the same problem playing the same video on a different skin ?

@ADHDMedia : Yeah i thought that it should be like that too, but when i watched a video of the Xbox One being set up it was the email and password that came up first.
And as for the kinect set up i will add an option to skip this in the next update.

@johnb :
Hi John,
Thanks!
Yeah i am still working on that section as i can't have the texture border above the actual texture because when a video is playing and you click on it the border goes weird and doesn't look right.
I should hopefully have this all sorted and working for the next update.

As for the label backgrounds i can add an option in the settings on the next update to enable full width label backgrounds.
And as for the favourite tiles having labels, yeah sure i could add an option in the settings to enable this. The reason that i didn't in the beginning is because if you have a favourite that's got bright colours then you can't see the text properly.

And as for the now playing option i have recently added a feature where anything that you play will be on the main dashboard tile, this could be music, radio, video ect.

@babesumitra : The live tv section should be working fine, but if it isn't then there is an option in the settings to set an alternative video plugin or program to use instead.

@ADHDMedia : As for the fading in and out of a game, this feature is already added in there. You just need to go in to the settings and disable the "enable game splash" option. This will then show a black fading screen instead of the game fanart when launching.
(You need to launch the game from the info section for this to work.)

And the "opening stream" text can be disabled in the advanced launcher addon settings as this isn't part of the skin.
I think it's the option that says "disable starting game notification" or something similar.

@Angelscry : Currently from my skin i have got it set up to use the RunPlugin() option, so am not sure why it is displaying the "opening stream" text. Unless in the advanced launcher settings the notification option is turned on.
guys do you know a way of getting the trakr.tv to show your own movie and tv information on this skin?
@chisharpe : If you are talking about the Xbox Video section and the store section then this feature hasn't been added yet. But if you are talking about the advertisements on the dashboard then these can be changed between your own library, your games, trakt.tv and bing in the skin settings. (Settings - Preferences - Settings - Custom)

I have also recently created a pretty cool little notepad app for the skin. With this you can create your own notes and save them to a .txt file. (You don't have to save them if you don't want to as XBMC remembers everything that you type in there, unless you delete it.)
This is also available on every platform as it uses a very simple python script to save/delete the .txt files.

Here is how the app is currently looking (Still needs tweaking as it doesn't look very smart at the moment) :

(The text that you see in there will appear only after you have run the skin setup just to show you how it works. Once you create your own note or delete the current one then it won't appear again.)