Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox One Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Toyota maybe he has the boot option on long boot instead of short

Love the skin by the way but still have to fix my youtube addon so that vevo plays the videos on youtube and I still need to fix the xbmcnetlix addon and still the rssclient for your youtube still not working.

Is it possible I have to open something in my firewall or in my NAT table in my router for this to work ?
Sorry, should have been more clear - I haven't seen the slow dashboard behaviour, but do get persistent service.skin.widgets and script.extendedinfo errors that Tim mentioned before.

I've tried the steps above but still see errors.

I think this is the related error in the log (in terms of service.skin,widgets).

23:42:23 T:12736 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:42:23 T:11476 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.skin.widgets\default.py", line 295, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.skin.widgets\default.py", line 58, in __init__
self._init_property()
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.skin.widgets\default.py", line 87, in _init_property
self.RANDOMITEMS_UPDATE_METHOD = int(__addon__.getSetting("randomitems_method"))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
-->End of Python script error report<--

Do you run with admin rights/UAC disabled? I do wonder whether there is something in this that would explain why some of us see issues and for others it's fine?
@johnb,

I never use uac en yess I run xbmc with admin rights and I use the latest skin widgets and I don't have widgets errors
thanks for confirming grote. I might try a clean install and reinvestigate the errors.

...and apologies - just read pg 56/57, which already covered some of this.
I have a small request, I was wondering if there is a way to turn of the store section and have like a second, third and so on page for music TV shows etc. Like you have home -> movies -> TV shows -> music etc. All you do is scroll to the right and you get those pages. Or a page that has tiles for movies, TV, music, etc. I hope you can understand what I'm saying. I don't like the "store" very much. Other than that I love this skin.
@grote345 : Yeah but that should only increase the boot time by a couple of seconds, just so that all the images load properly.
Thanks! and have you tried re-installing youtube from the XBMC store ?
And that's weird, the rssclient should be working fine now. Could you go in to the youtube section, close XBMC and then upload a copy of your log please ? as this could help on finding out the problem. Also when you enter the youtube section it will attempt to load the client.

And nope it should all be working fine. Unless XBMC is blocked from connecting to the internet or something like that lol.

@johnb : I think that i have finally found a solution for the problem. After of hours of testing out different things across different versions of XBMC i have finally found out that it is a corrupted file that extendedinfo creates some times. This creates a problem with extendedinfo, and then creates a problem with simplejson. But i have created a nice little python script that will do clean ups for extendedinfo and will stop it from ever getting corrupted. I have also added a cool new feature where if something fails then a little window will popup helping you fix the problem. E.g. if you don't have internet connection it will pop up with a little window letting you know that you have lost connection and it will ask if you want to retry connecting. If you are getting script errors with a certain script then it will ask if you would like it to re-install the script and clear addon data ect. Smile
I should be uploading the update some time tomorrow, but for now if you go in to (C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data) and delete the folder called extendedinfo.
Then run the fix option in the development section of the skin settings then this should fix the problem for now. The next update will clear everything up for you so that you shouldn't get script errors and stuff like that.
And as for the widgets if you uninstall it from the XBMC store and re-install it it should fix the problem, if not then you can just remove it as the only thing that it is required for is displaying random album and movie information for your library on the dashboard. But if you don't have this feature enabled then you don't really need it.

And yeah i always run with admin rights and UAC is disabled.

@Daisuke1988 : Nope not at the moment but this feature will be getting added soon in to the skin settings so that you can pick where the store tiles take you e.g. movies could take you to your movie library or to the movie store ect. I think that ADHDMedia suggested this a few days ago. And thanks!

Also in the next update i will try and include a thumbnails cleaner. This will clean up the thumbnails folder that XBMC creates and stores all thumbnails inside. I think that mine previously was around 4GB and now i think it's something like 200mb. But i still need to test this out on different platforms & builds first as it could cause problems if it deletes the wrong images.
I will also be adding more buttons to the development section for you to clear addon data, clear temp files and options to backup and restore your settings.
I think he meant to get rid of the 'Store' tab altogether and replace it with actual 'Movies', 'TV Shows', 'Music' and 'Games' tabs. So like not just the three main dashboard tabs but like six or something. It would end up being more like the 360 interface that way, although it's not such a bad idea for those who want it that way. I might even give that a shot if you were to develop it.
Me too!! Smile
Cheers
Ohh right, yeah i might add this feature soon as an option in the skin settings. First i want to fix some parts of the skin and change a few things around and then i might add it. What do you think of something like this ?

(It hasn't actually been created or anything yet it's just a little idea that i quickly made in paint of how these sections could look)

Yup that's exactly what I would imagine it should look like! Would be a cool option, especially if you can get it to have sliding fanart for like your five most recently added items or something to that effect.

I would have tiles for Movies, Recently Added, On Deck, and Video Apps. Possibly an option to add custom tiles for video apps (Netflix for example). If you put three tiles on each side and a big fanart in the middle that would work.
Also, a quick feature request: would it be possible to get that xbox one logo video intro thingy that plays during initial setup (not the one with the game plays, just the one with the logo) to boot at XBMC launch?
Yeah i'll probably add an option for this feature after the next update once everything is fixed. Shouldn't take very long. I could even add in options for more tabs like apps, games, music ect as well. With random content from your library.
Separate Home, Video, Music and Pictures tabs (perhaps Games as well?) would get my vote! These are the main things people use XBMC for I guess?

Isn't that similar to what you had in your first builds Toyota? I was sure you had some screen shots that had more than the current three tabs?

Anyway, keep up the good work! I will give the extended info fix a try when I get the chance.
Yeah sure i'll add it in to the next update!
I'd like Movies, TV Shows, Music and Games. Other skins that have similar home menus offer the option to turn on/off the sections you want or don't want. That would probably be a good bet for this one as well.