Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox One Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is is only my issue that shutdown, restart and exit in power options doen't work with this new skin (freezing whole xbmc)?
@Stnet : Yeah this will be fixed shortly, i have noticed the same problem with mine. An update should hopefully be released today.
Thanks!

@ADHDMedia : Yeah the setup process only needs to be run once on the first time installing the skin, after that you don't need it anymore. There have been some buttons added to the development section so if anything goes wrong then you can just click fix and it will do everything for you. Also on each update all you need to do it just copy and paste the files, no need to do anything else.

@tungmeister : Is that for the library views or store sections ? also what version of the skin are you using Gotham or Frodo ? I haven't been able to test out all of the views or changing them on Gotham yet as i have been focusing mostly on script errors ect. I will take a look in to this today when i get home.

@pimikiel : Have you followed through the whole setup when installing this skin ? If so then try going in to Settings - Startup - power options - and set it to Energy saver. Also what platform are you running ?

I am currently working hard on fixing the Gotham problems and should hopefully be uploading an update some time today.
It's the gotham 720p build. the 1080p build is borked as it appears that a lot of the view/elements are still coded to 720p so don't scale correctly/at all. In library views I can't change the view type on any level. I also can't work out a way to access live TV, the pin links straight to the TV show library.
@toyota12303, I recommend to you to do the list of changes and fixes

I tested Frodo version 720p and 1080p.
1080 starts with the big black screen and doing nothing.

720p running perfectly

But...
1) In set-up menues a user can press any buttons on the controller (back, or B, or Start) and the process will be reset
2) Sing-in to Microsoft accounts. I need to enter my email twice (?) and this shows like this (on the pictures)
And in the future I will like to see the function to change languages to input
3) Passwords should be masked like ***
4) Any way, I cant login to my microsoft account, and they are always show me that error
5) Maybe, some apps should be labeled like WIP (like snap, or skype)
6) Apps Twitch, YouTube, IE work strange uncorrectly (?)
7) The Browse share menu has no sense. I cant select folder to play
8) But if I entered a path manually with keyboard, filebrowser can play all

Maybe something wrong on my PC?

watch gallery
Using windows 8.1 with shell setted up as batch file (coz without explorer as shell most of startup programs do not start), that starts up:
1. Catalyst to set custom fan speed at 100%
2. GuideCall for Guidebutton to show/start a XBMC
3. Skydrive for file sync
4. XBMC with your skin
I am using your version for let say "lazy" users, that is everything setted up, with latest durango720p

And yes, I have chosen an Energy saving option
cant wait for the new views.

when are you gonna remove the setup i hate it. it's to long can you just add it as a feature the run setup everytime gets quite annoying every time the new update comes out.
@tungmeister : Yeah the 1080p build is nearly finished now, I'm just fixing a few things and i will upload the update. If you go in to skin settings - random, you will see an option to enable appbar. If you enable the appbar then in the library views if you press down a little menu will appear where you can switch between views. If you want more views then go in to skin settings - custom - views. From there you can enable/disable views.
Live TV (PVR) if you go in to the settings - TV you can enable tv from there. If you want to use an alternative like a video app or program plugin then this can be done from skin settings - random - enable alternative tv - set alternative tv. But at the moment selecting this will crash XBMC Gotham. I have recently fixed this and will include it in the next update.

@LiriK : Yeah the 1080p version is almost fixed, I'm just changing a few things and then i will upload the update.
1) That's the way that the whole setup has been created, if i changed this then people could end up with corrupted modules and scripts leaving you with an unstable XBMC. The setup will need to be run once and then you won't need to again.
2) Yeah i think that may be a problem with XBMC, in the setup i have only added 1 prompt for your email address but for some reason XBMC makes it come up twice.
3) This is not possible because XBMC recognises them as strings and i don't think there is any way of hiding them. You may be able to use custom fonts with only * symbols but i will have to take a look in to it.
4) Could you send me a copy of your XBMC log and then i should be able to find the problem.
5) What do you mean ?
6) That's because i have just updated this skin to work with Gotham, these sections work fine on Frodo but as the updates come out everything will be getting more stable.
7) What browse share menu ? do you mean upload studio ?
8) What do you mean ?

As for the script errors in the images, these should be getting fixed shortly.

@pimikiel : I think that i may have found the problem and i will include this in to the next update.

@iAMl3dgend : The setup has to be run only once on the first time installing the skin, after that you won't need to run it again.
There is now a development section in the settings, so if anything goes wrong then you don't need to run the setup. Just click on one button and it will attempt to fix it.

I have also just created a keymap for the new Xbox One Controller, you can now download it from the first page.
Toyota my youtube addon is working in xbmc gotham 13.1 but the rss part does not work anymore that's all I am using the new 720p skin and yeah most of the settings options does not work like changing the skin xbmx gotham crashes then but as long as I stay in the skin it self everything works even advanced launcher great work dude an the first time I don't have any gamertag py errors Smile

Nope same problem here latest youtube pluging notworking together with vevo anymore on gotham 13.1 also with latest vevo addon
@toyota12303:
I mean the media library on Xbox Music / Video. There are select folder menu, but i cant select folder to play.

And You have inspired me to develop my own Xbox One shell on the windows platform with .NET. Smile XBMC project has some limits that you are trying to solve. It's not very good at all.
@grote345 : Do you mean the Youtube video plugin or the Youtube app that i have created ?
For some reason my Youtube plugin isn't working at all for me on Gotham, tried it with a fresh install as well.
Hmmm the rss is working perfectly for me, could you send me a copy of your XBMC log ? and i will take a look through it.
Thanks! and i have just fixed all of the sections of the skin that was making it crash, all settings ect. are all working fine now.

@LiriK : I have recently fixed this problem, there were quite a few sections that needed fixing and there all pretty much done now. An update should be uploaded some time tomorrow.

Awesome! Smile What features were you thinking of adding ? I am still developing my shell and i can send you over some of the files if you want ?

The update is almost finished, i have fixed all of the skin related problems like things crashing ect. I have also re designed the charms bar (see image below). The charms bar will now change buttons itself depending on what you are doing. For example if you are playing a DVD then you will see media controls such as play, stop and eject DVD. The menu will also move around itself depending on what buttons are visible, this way always making it look smart.

Here is the new charms bar :

beautiful Smile

i canĀ“t wait
@Toyota,

Look the rss part stopped working after installing xbmc gotham 13.1

And yeah the normal youtube plugin has problems to and vevo well that's an complete disaster so I completely removed the vevo plugin videos wont play anymore

I am using now the 720P Gotham skin but if I change a setting let say I want to go to my nox skin I can not xbmc chrashes then
I will try it again with a complete clean install of xbmc Frodo 12.3
@grote345 : Could you send me a copy of your log and i might be able to find out the problem ?
And yeah this has recently been fixed and will be included in the next update. should be uploaded some time today.
Well I did get everything to work now except the vevo videos wont play in youtube anymore but that's is I believe an problem with the youtube plugin 4.4.8 Pfffffffffffffffff

I am running Gotham 13.0 now

Toyota your youtube app is working fine now Smile