Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hopefully a simple dopey Mysql question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently migrated to a mysql database so I could pull off the multi-instance thing, but I am running into an issue that I already know a solution to, but I want to make sure that it is what is expected. The mysql server is running on the same computer as my htpc, which is the same computer where all my files are housed. Traditionally, I used local paths when setting up my sources for that computer. The other computers will be accessing the files via SMB. This means that now all my sources need to be exactly the same, correct? So the HTPC/Server must also use SMB paths instead of the local paths it had before. Right?

Because after spending too much time using SMB on the remote devices, and local paths on the HTPC and it not working, this seems incredibly logical, and I am kicking myself for overlooking it if it really is what I should have been doing from the start.
correct. or you mount the smb path to local dirs(the same as on the server) on the other clients
Thanks. This and the thumbnails were giving me a huge headache yesterday, and both were problems I was overthinking way too much. Seeing as how I work with databases fairly often, this one was an especially bone-headed move on my part, hehe.