Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(2015-05-11, 08:25)Boulder Wrote: [ -> ]The normal ratings update works fine. The problem still occurs, it seems to hang at the last item in my movie library (Zombieland). I've not noticed this issue with the automatic update, though I've not tested it thoroughly. It's not a big issue anyway, the normal ratings update is the reason for installing the add-on Smile
ok, I have no idea...

(2015-05-16, 18:45)the_bo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Thanks for this great addon.

If possible can you include an option to disable the mpaa update, as i have custom mpaa logos created and when i run mpaa they get overwritten. So just incase i might click it by accident be nice if could disable it.

Thanks for your great work
hm, sorry but I won't add an option for this little use case...

(2015-05-17, 18:11)lui.g Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Thanks for this superb addon.

I have i little wish Wink Would it be possible to change the script so that different versions (for example "Sin City" and "Sin City Recut") of a movie will stay/is written on the Top250 list. I took a look in your code and saw the reason why only one version stays on the list, if I'm not mistaken you need it for the missing list at the end. I don't think that a second run just for the list would need much time. I would do for my self but my knowledge in python isn't good enough. I allways failed.

Regards und liebe GrĂ¼sse

Lui.G
do you mean with different versions, that they have the same IMDb ID? which Top250 list do you mean, could you point me to the code line?
Moin

Quote:do you mean with different versions, that they have the same IMDb ID?
Yes, for example the different Star Wars Releases.

Quote:which Top250 list do you mean, could you point me to the code line?

Code:
if imdbNumber in self.top250:
            newPosition = self.top250[imdbNumber]["position"]
            del self.top250[imdbNumber]
In this code snippet from top250.py the movie will be deleted from the list, so a second version can't be found, am i right?

Regards Lui.G
(2015-05-25, 09:12)lui.g Wrote: [ -> ]Moin

Quote:do you mean with different versions, that they have the same IMDb ID?
Yes, for example the different Star Wars Releases.

Quote:which Top250 list do you mean, could you point me to the code line?

Code:
if imdbNumber in self.top250:
            newPosition = self.top250[imdbNumber]["position"]
            del self.top250[imdbNumber]
In this code snippet from top250.py the movie will be deleted from the list, so a second version can't be found, am i right?

Regards Lui.G

fixed this:

Download:
script.imdbupdate-0.8.2.zip
Sorry, probably dumb question but does this update TV shows as well?
Hi Jandalf,
works like a charm.

Thanks a lot.

Lui.G
(2015-05-30, 08:29)stone2 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, probably dumb question but does this update TV shows as well?

no, unfortunately not. Its on the wishlist, but not so easy to implement.
(2015-05-31, 16:02)Jandalf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-30, 08:29)stone2 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, probably dumb question but does this update TV shows as well?

no, unfortunately not. Its on the wishlist, but not so easy to implement.

Thanks Jandalf, it works great as it is. Looking forward to a TV update feature.
(2015-06-07, 00:26)Surlias Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the cool add-on!. Running into a problem though: it freezes up on the show "Carl's Pissed". Doesn't even pop-up a notification to search or skip, have to Alt-F4 to get out of Kodi. Any ideas? Running 14.2, script v1.4

If you are using v1.4 you need to post your question in the proper script, the latest version for this script is 8.2
(2015-06-07, 14:48)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-07, 00:26)Surlias Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the cool add-on!. Running into a problem though: it freezes up on the show "Carl's Pissed". Doesn't even pop-up a notification to search or skip, have to Alt-F4 to get out of Kodi. Any ideas? Running 14.2, script v1.4

If you are using v1.4 you need to post your question in the proper script, the latest version for this script is 8.2

Ahh my bad, I meant to post in the Ratings Update thread, as I've been trying both out. Sorry!
He mate, any plans to add this to the official repo?
(2015-06-11, 10:34)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]He mate, any plans to add this to the official repo?

I have three problems with this:

- I think it's not ok to gather data from the IMDb website, because I'm not using an API
- my add-on is not fully localized
- a fanart.jpg is missing

So I have no plan's to add it...
Don't know what kind of problem you have with No1, but for 2 -> Kodi translation team and for 3 -> I will send you one tomorrow? Smile
http://www.imdb.com/help/show_leaf?usedatasoftware

Scraping is not allowed. Only the plain text "database".

We tried to use their service in one of our products but it backfired Wink

You have to build your own db out of the plain text database (for private use only). If you're using it commercially you have to pay for it.
It Doesn't work in Fire tv.. Any fix ?
? On my Fire tv it runs without Problems.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29