Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Menü Button?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

to define Hosts, I have to press menu in the settings. But my phone has no menü button (since android 4.0, they don't have to.) In every other app, there's a button in the action bar to open the kontext menu, but not here. Can anyone help?
I thought this app handled that by the 3-dot button BAR at the bottom of the screen? I've rooted/removed all that on my htc one, so i can't be certain. do you have hardware buttons on your phone?

what happens when you click the button next to the XBMC icon?

If you can't figure it out, perhaps try YATSE as an alternative to this app.
Hey,

i have hardware Buttons on my Phone, but only a Back and a Home Button, and a Button showing all the apps in the background. There is no menu button on my phone. As I said, in every other app in the action bar at the top of the app, there is a menu button, but not here.

Yeahr, I'm using yatse right now, that works. But hm, it's a bug!
I've come here with exactly the same problem. No menu button, so can't use the app. Yatse works fine. Shame as i liked this app.
I'm also running into this issue. I don't a hardware menu button and my ROM doesn't add a software menu button to the app. Came here to check for a solution and found this thread Sad
(2013-10-18, 01:18)squingynaut Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also running into this issue. I don't a hardware menu button and my ROM doesn't add a software menu button to the app. Came here to check for a solution and found this thread Sad

See BillyNill's post. It is 3 dots in the lower right hand corner of your app. This is standard Anroid app operation..
Hello all,

I recently bought a new phone with android 4.2.2 and I have the same problem.
There are no 3 dots in the lower right hand corner, there are only 2 items at start up: 'use as remote control' and 'try again to connect' At start up the app says: 'no host detected click on settings or use the menu...' But when clicking on menu I get black screen with on top 'xbmc hosts' and again a message 'no hosts defined in order to add...' And after this black screen, no options showing...

I hope there will soon be a solution as I really love xbmc Smile
Glad to see it is not only me with this issue. There is no way to get to menu, no menu no three dots on the upper right corner as with other apps.
Hi All

Problem solved on android (well HTC One at least)

when you are on the screen that is blank and the menu button is missing simply press and hold the home touch sensitive button. A pop up will appear to allow you to add a host.

Hardhat1 over and out
Having this issue too. Long press on home key just launches Google now.

This really needs to be addressed. Any idea when this might get fixed?
I also Have the same problem. I don't have a menu option. But I did download yatse and that works fine.
I figured it out, I'm using Android 4.2.2 and I was able to get the Add Host option to come up by holding the button that pulls up the running tasks, not the Home button, finally I can start using the official remote!
I had the same problem but its really simple, I have an s5 all you have to do is press and hold the bottom left button and the context menu pops up.