Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Nexus 10 and Samba/NFS help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have XBMC running smoothly now with a local HD video file on my Nexus 10. I'm trying to get it to connect to my media server though. I can use ESFile explorer and connect to the server via NFS but for some reason it's not working via XBMC? Also when I try and brows Samba servers it gives me an Error 2: of some sort. Just curious if anyone has similar problems or knows the direction I need pointed? Or is there something special I need to do to enable samba shares and what not?
read the nfs howto in my signature.
Ok, I have an NFS share already setup from my FreeBSD box. As I stated I can connect to it fine from ES File Explorer, but XBMC is not connecting to it for some reason.
Should i repeat it? XBMC needs a nfs server setup which might be a bit special - all documented in the wiki ... else provide a debug log (wiki)
So I need to setup an NFS server on the android device as well as what I'm serving the files from?

Either way I've gotten SMB to work if I enter it manually, for some reason I just can't browse it.
No but the nfs server needs to be setup in a special way (allowing connections from unprivileged ports) for working with XBMC clients...
I have the same issue on my htc one x.
My nas is set up correctly, i double checked the wiki.

in xbmc on my windows 7pc i can access my nas
on my wdtv live i can access my nas

with android, i can select nfs in xbmc when i want to add folder, but nothing happens...
Then add the url manially ( nfs://ip/export ) ... autodiscovery of nfs exports seems a bit wonky at times (but works for me in my network all the time from different devices/operating systems).
nope, tried that multiple times Big Grin

this is my log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=72315
There is no sign of any nfs activity in that log.