Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies ClearLogo location??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
running windows 7 ,
XBMC 12.1
AEON NOX 4
i would like to make my own Clear Logo for movie titles, because the logos from fanart are in different Languages . i am from the USA,
my question is where do i place the clear logo after i have made themHuh for xbmc .
also what size does the clear logo have to be?
is there a guide somewhere i could follow.??
look at fanart.tv for resolution for sd logos and hd logos 400x155 for sd logos, 800x310 for hd logos - (theres also some templates so you can get your logos aligned correctly)
You place them in the movie folder named logo.png
running artwork downloader with 'use local files' box ticked will force it to look for local files first before attempting to scrape from fanart.tv

on a side note why not also request the logos on fanart.tv - or if you make them dont forget to kindly share them with other users as well.
check fanart.tv first : if you see the logo in your language there, then you have a setting wrong in your settings
(2013-06-25, 19:02)leepenny Wrote: [ -> ]running artwork downloader with 'use local files' box ticked will force it to look for local files first before attempting to scrape from fanart.tv

Word of warning, ticking "Use local files" will also mean that new logo files will be downloaded and written alongside those movies for which you don't already have local logo files.
(2013-06-25, 19:02)leepenny Wrote: [ -> ]look at fanart.tv for resolution for sd logos and hd logos 400x155 for sd logos, 800x310 for hd logos - (theres also some templates so you can get your logos aligned correctly)
You place them in the movie folder named logo.png
running artwork downloader with 'use local files' box ticked will force it to look for local files first before attempting to scrape from fanart.tv

on a side note why not also request the logos on fanart.tv - or if you make them dont forget to kindly share them with other users as well.

thanks,,i will share here..
because at fanart.tv they are very strict .

(2013-06-25, 20:25)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]check fanart.tv first : if you see the logo in your language there, then you have a setting wrong in your settings

its not all movies the clearlogo is in a different language . i have around 150 movies., only 20 are in different language. other then English

(2013-06-26, 02:46)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-25, 19:02)leepenny Wrote: [ -> ]running artwork downloader with 'use local files' box ticked will force it to look for local files first before attempting to scrape from fanart.tv

Word of warning, ticking "Use local files" will also mean that new logo files will be downloaded and written alongside those movies for which you don't already have local logo files.

Whack so what should i do??
(2013-06-25, 20:25)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]check fanart.tv first : if you see the logo in your language there, then you have a setting wrong in your settings

xbmc settings appearance -international- language english US
Region USA 12hour.
artwork download there is no language settings
is there another setting i am missing?
and yes at fanart.tv there is the english version of clear logo. how do i get those to download??
if it is a 'new' logo that has just been added to fanart.tv database you need to be patient - the server takes 7-10 days to update - so newer logos may take a week until they are ready for automatic download using artwork downloader.
If you have your logos in your folders for your other movies then you can download directly from fanart.tv if you wish.

You can request your logos at fanart.tv as well for any missing logos.

'thanks,,i will share here..
because at fanart.tv they are very strict .' - yes - we are quite strict - but once you get the hang of the rules..........well its quite easy.
(2013-06-27, 07:54)xbmcwood Wrote: [ -> ]Whack so what should i do??

If you DON'T want to download new files into your file system, you'll need to turn off "Use local files" - but then AD won't use the handful of local files you have, it will exclusively use remote files (which won't be download into your file system, nor will the images be cached - that will happen as the images are eventually viewed in the GUI). Perhaps uploading your local files to fanart.tv and waiting until they're published is a solution to avoid using "Use local files".

Unfortunately "Use local files" is a combined setting that really needs to be split into two separate settings - one to control the reading of local files (a feature most people will want to use), and a second setting to control the creation/writing of local files (a feature less likely to be used by everyone). Sadly we're stuck with a single setting for now, which means local files aren't used even when they are available (part of the reason for this also being that AD doesn't yet support movie-name prefixes), and more load is placed on the fanart.tv site as a result.
(2013-06-27, 08:18)leepenny Wrote: [ -> ]if it is a 'new' logo that has just been added to fanart.tv database you need to be patient - the server takes 7-10 days to update - so newer logos may take a week until they are ready for automatic download using artwork downloader.
If you have your logos in your folders for your other movies then you can download directly from fanart.tv if you wish.

You can request your logos at fanart.tv as well for any missing logos.

'thanks,,i will share here..
because at fanart.tv they are very strict .' - yes - we are quite strict - but once you get the hang of the rules..........well its quite easy.

on post 6 , i have my language setting correct right?
what i ended up doing is . go to fanart.tv download the clearlogos manually .
put the png files in the specified movie folder.
run xbmc go to movies, highlight the movie hit info , choose art then clearlogo,- brows - movie folder- png file. and done.