Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help new user questions on set up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please help I still cant seem to get this set up correctly and it is very frustrating I wanted to just set up the directories TV / Music / and Movies associated with the correct folders they are asssociated to so for instance if I click TV Shows it takes me directly to a view in Multiplex of all my TV shows I could only get this to work for movies and getting the message when I enter TV Shows that states the following.
"empty collection: add content in option: add videos" I looked on the internet all I could find was a TV show hierarcy code and not sure where I would put this code and what file. I just want this to work correctly and all folders to have a Multiplex view of the correct content instead of having to travel thew several sub directories to get to the location.

I have movies and music set up perfectly but when I go to TV Shows I have a list and no matter what I right click and choose there is not a way to set my TV file as the main file I have to move threw this to get to my tv shows I would like to click TV Shows and them to just show up in the correct directory not a sub menu if this makes sense. Thanks for the assistance.
That means you need to setup a source for your tv shows.

In videos, go to add videos. This will bring up a box, browse to the folder on your computer where TV shows are located, click add. Then ok. The next screen will say something like "Media Type" scroll through the options til you find TV Shows, check the other settings then when happy click ok.

Another little box will pop up saying something like "scan to library" click yes and let it do its thing.

This should now add all your TV Shows under TV Shows from the main menu.

EDIT:

Just saw your bottom part (which I thought was your signiture haha). When you click on TV Shows in the main menu, on the next screen click left arrow until the side menu shows, then go down and turn "library" mode or something to on. It should now display your tv shows if you've set the source up right.
When I click TV shows the follwoing box comes up

for folder option
TV
Videos
Add Videos

"my folders are labeled as such videos is my movies which works fine tv is the directory I want to default to but right click and left arrow does not show me any options for this. This is frustrating lol. Thx for the help so far I will try and remove it and see if I can add it again Music and movies are working good just cant seem to nail this if I change the view in the first selection it just movie plexes the same folder options.
It looks like you've added the source, make sure the source is setup right, mainly as type = TV Shows.

And as far as I remember you have to activate the library view, at the moment it looks like its the file view. Trying to remember the actual command to get the left side menu open, Its left arrow (on the keyboard) for my setup, sometimes you've got to push left twice etc.

Its the same menu where you chose the display type (you know: list, multiplex. slideshow etc)
See this wiki article on how to properly organize and name your TV shows and episodes so the appropriate TV scraper can be used to add the shows/episodes to your video library: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...s/TV_shows

After you've successfully added your TV shows/episodes to your library, you will see a TV SHOWS option on the home page that will allow you to select and play your programs.