Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The following is my folder set up:
Here

My problem is some shows seem to work where others put all the shows in one "folder" in my xbmc library with a random name. Sometimes the name is one of the shows included and sometimes its a random one ( appeared to be anime once.) I don't know why xbmc doesn't keep my folders the way that they are.

Any suggestions?
If XBMC can't find a match based on the TV show folder name then it might be taking the name from a parent folder or something else, resulting in odd matches. If it uses a parent folder name, then everything else inside, even in different folders, are all seen as one big TV show.

Fixing the show folder names should fix your issue.
Sorry for the waiting to reply I was away this weekend. I have multiple shows that do this and haven't really heard of anyone that uses sickbeard having the problem.

Any recommendation on what to change to fix it for the future downloads?
How did you configure your sources in XBMC ?
With the folders as you showed them you should add the "TV" folder as source, and set content to Tv-Shows.
I clicked on files in xbmc and it showed both TV and Movies. I clicked change content for both and changed them to their respective categories.

edit: Changed it to one show per folder I may have fixed it
Sorry to double post but I figured I would just use the same thread. My roommate is trying to stream my movies and shows from his room using xbmc. Stuff in sd works but hd lags too much that it isn't watchable. Any advice?
(2013-07-06, 20:05)Kratisto Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to double post but I figured I would just use the same thread. My roommate is trying to stream my movies and shows from his room using xbmc. Stuff in sd works but hd lags too much that it isn't watchable. Any advice?

Totally unrelated to original thread topic. Please start a new thread with as much information as possible regarding hardware and OS on both systems and the type of network being used (wired, WiFi, speed, etc.)