Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Paths incorrect on client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Have MP 1.4 on Server 2012 and the plugin seems to have trouble passing paths to the clients. Instead of getting a file share path, the clients are looking to "C:\Timeshift Buffer" rather than "\\mediaserver\timeshift"

I have edited the MP database to insert network paths and that works on windows clients but of course \\server means nothing on the linux client..I need it to pass SMB:// I guess.

The shares show correctly in the configuration as UNC paths, I've created shares manually as the wizard is unable to create them automatically (2012 issue?)

Any ideas?!

Thanks!
What do you mean with "edited the MP database to insert network paths" ?
It should be enough to share your timeshift buffer folder and recordings folder.

The Linux version of the addon should automatically translate \\mediaserver to smb://mediaserver. The actual translation should be reported in the xbmc.log file.
Please enable debug logging and post a debug XBMC.log file on http://xbmclogs.com/ and the link here.