Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Album Art - clear?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I get my albums to display clear without pixelating?

I've got my music tagged 100% perfectly with embedded album art (300x300 or 500x500) - and loaded into the library. Albums still pixelate and I thought it had to do with the resolution. So on selected albums I downloaded 1400x1400 1MB photos and embedded them into each file.

I then removed the library and rescanned - only to find it still pixellated. have ticked 'Enable Tag Reading and 'Search for thumbs on remote shares' and retried again ... but it's still low res and pixellates.

* Is there a way to FORCE XBMC to use what I have tagged?
* Is it possible it is using something it scraped from somewhere instead of mine?
* When one changes a tag and updates library - is the photo included in the update?

All I want is a clear album art photo - like the photos Universal Scraper gets for fanart

Thanks in advance
It may be that XBMC is still using images cached from an earlier scan and not updating to your new images. You could test this by using embedding a different image and seeing if it changes (rather than if I understood you correctly a higher res version of the same image). To overcome this behaviour you would need to delete the textures.db from your userdata/databases folder and then browse your albums to re-populate and cache the updated images.

Hope that works but do come back if not. I've never found 300x300 or 500x500 images pixelate, but I guess it's a bit dependent on your screen size.