Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 2 Adapters 1 visible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear All,

This might nog be 100% tvheadend related, but I am sure theres a lot of knowedge here to help me out!

I got two adapters in my debian wheezy server;

1.) TEVII s460
2.) Cynergy Terrtac USB HD RC

The first gets recognized in tvheadend and is visible in /dev/dvb as adapter0

The 2nd, I compiled drivers for and is visible as;

lsusb;

Code:
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0ccd:00d3 TerraTec Electronic GmbH

lsusb -v;'

Code:
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0ccd:00d3 TerraTec Electronic GmbH
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x0ccd TerraTec Electronic GmbH
  idProduct          0x00d3
  bcdDevice            1.00
  iManufacturer           1 Realtek
  iProduct                2 RTL2838UHIDIR
  iSerial                 3 00000001
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           34
    bNumInterfaces          2
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          4 USB2.0-Bulk&Iso
    bmAttributes         0x80
      (Bus Powered)
    MaxPower              500mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           1
      bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
      bInterfaceSubClass    255 Vendor Specific Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol    255 Vendor Specific Protocol
      iInterface              5 Bulk-In, Interface
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
        bInterval               0
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        1
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           0
      bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
      bInterfaceSubClass    255 Vendor Specific Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol    255 Vendor Specific Protocol
      iInterface              5 Bulk-In, Interface
Device Qualifier (for other device speed):
  bLength                10
  bDescriptorType         6
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  bNumConfigurations      2
Device Status:     0x0000
  (Bus Powered)

I think thats all fine!! ( I compiled the driver myself and no errors)

But....... There is no /dev/adapter1

And (thus?!) tvheadend doesnt recognize it.

What is the cause of my problem?

Thnx!
What happens if you do a sudo service tvheadend restart? Could your second adapter be initialising after tvheadend starts?

Also, check that you have firmware and drivers loading. I think lsusb simply tells you what's attached at a bus level, not what the OS can then use. Check that you have a /dev/adapter1 file, see what's in syslog, see if wscan or similar can access it if it all looks fine otherwise.
Unplug the Terratec and plug it back in, then post the relevant dmesg output here. Sounds like you're missing a firmware file.
dmesg output upon insertion;

Code:
[Thu Jul  4 20:30:44 2013] usb 1-6: USB disconnect, device number 2
[Thu Jul  4 20:30:47 2013] usb 1-6: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci_hcd
[Thu Jul  4 20:30:47 2013] usb 1-6: New USB device found, idVendor=0ccd, idProduct=00d3
[Thu Jul  4 20:30:47 2013] usb 1-6: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[Thu Jul  4 20:30:47 2013] usb 1-6: Product: RTL2838UHIDIR
[Thu Jul  4 20:30:47 2013] usb 1-6: Manufacturer: Realtek
[Thu Jul  4 20:30:47 2013] usb 1-6: SerialNumber: 00000001
Nothing after that?
In the end I needed to re-install the adapter according to the instructions on the vl4 wiki page.
Although I am not a Linux noobie, I never used 'patch' command before. Now I used the patch function as described
on the vl4 page I managed to succeed!
For the interested, this latest version of the Terratec USB DVD-T HD (With realtek chip) works perfectly on debian wheezy!
Tvheadend also supports debian again (its support was ubuntu only for a while) and I must say its great stuff! I use it
to receive the three free public channels NED1, NED2 and NED3. My client is xbmc 12.1 on a apple TV2. Since the
channels are SD, there is no hickup whatsoever.
Although somewhere in the tvheadend interface it says receipt 21% it's perfect!

//solved