Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No audio since xbmc updated to 13.0?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a perfectly working Ubuntu-minimal system running XBMC Frodo, which I thought was version 12.0, but might have been 12.1 or higher, since I just found out XBMC updates itself without notifying the user :-)

Thing is, today when I fired it up, I got no sound anymore, then when I went to look in settings, I could see the XBMC version was 13.0-alpha5 Git:937af7 (compiled Jun 27 2013). Now I don't know when this update happened exactly, but is there any way to back to a previous version? How does XBMC update itself, can I set it to notify me in the future?

Thanks!
XBMC does not update itself...
it can on linux, but it DOES ask you Wink

edit: and it certainly cannot update a frodo stable to a unstable alpha build!
OK apparently I had the ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba repo configured instead of the ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba-frodo one.
So probably my last 'apt-get upgrade' borked it.

Fixed by removing xbmc-xvba and adding xbmc-xvba-frodo repo and reinstalling XBMC.
So apparently HDMI audio on and AMD 780G chipset is borked in 13.0
audio is not borked in gotham, you just need to configure it(again) after upgrading...
It probably does not help that the audio device selection is hidden by default in the new settings system.
Press "left" in the settings menu, select advanced in the side bar, then configure audio output like before.
Am I going nuts?
4 days later after I 'fixed' it by going back to 12.2, the same problem (no audio) happens again.
But now XBMC is definitely still running on 12.2, and has not gone back to 13.0.

I tried re-selecting my audio device, but that doesn't help.
Any other ideas?
maybe xbmc started before the alsa drivers are correctly initialised. Try stopping XBMC and starting it again (without rebooting).

Also, are you SURE you have the volume turned right up?
(2013-07-04, 22:13)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]It probably does not help that the audio device selection is hidden by default in the new settings system.

I'll second that! Many thanks for the pointer - maybe something to flag in the 'on first run' popups?