Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Library: Artist View
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to everyone,

first of all sorry in advance if I post this thread in the wrong place!

Thanks to everyone who is helping keeping xbmc alive, I love it! Thank all for this forum, it helped me out of troubles many many times!!

After all, I still have a problem. In the artist view, when I enter this artist, for example DJSasha, it shows me all the albums of DJSasha and in addition a track on an album from another DJArtist:

Artist
------DJSasha
-----------------Album (DJSasha)
-----------------Album (DJSasha)
-----------------Album (Felix da Houscat)
--------------------------------------------Track n02 (only) - DJSasha "track title"

For my understanding, the xbmc tag priority is starting with "Album Artist" tag, so why is the artist view showing me one single track from another album from another artist if the tag is "Album Artist"?. I checked that and for every case like the one I described above all the tags are set in the correct way.

I am using the last stable Frodo for OSX with MQ4 skin, I organized all my music in folders like:

Artist
------Album
------------- Tracks

I tagged every song/album with the right infos like described in the wiki, I deactivated the entry "Include artists who appear only in compilations" in the audio library settings, I deleted and scanned several times music library. I searched the the view settings if I could change something with the sort function, but it is set on Sort:Artist and I cannot change it.

Is there someone who can help?
Have you definitely tagged the Album Artist?
Hi Samu-rai

Thank you for the quick reply

Yes, I used Tagscanner (http://www.xdlab.ru/en) my favourite.
No problem.

And what does the 'Track n02 (only) - DJSasha "track title"' have entered under 'album artist'?
the album artist is "Felix da Housecat"
Hmm.. Weird. From what you have described everything seems to be set up correctly.

It's difficult to try and find what the cause is without having access to your system.

It would seem to be an issue with XBMC reading the tags to me.

Try downloading mp3tag and re-tagging all of the DJSasha stuff you've mentioned.

You might need to remove the source and rescan for any effects to take place.

It could be of no use at all, but it's worth a shot I guess!
yes, as you say, weird! I am dealing long time with this problem, I start getting frustrated!

your last post give me some idea:

- when I rescanned the music library, I did not delete the source! I will try to do that.

- I remember that the Tagscanner programm I use, has the possibility to set different type/versions of tags (ID3 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4 tags, APE v1 and v2 tags, Vorbis Comments, WMA tags and MP4(iTunes) metadata. For now (I am at the office) I cannot remember which one is set. Maybe that XBMC has problem with some of them.

- I will try to retag some of the involved "problem" albums with mp3tag to check it!

I will test everything as soon as possible an give you feedback.

Thank you for support.

Have a nice time
Hi Samu-rai

Good news: I think I got it! Big Grin

I am not sure, but it has something to do with albums of various artist tagging, something went wrong. There must be a difference between ALBUM ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST tag, even if XBMC supports both of them. I checked the tag settings to be ID3 v1 and ID3 v2. After I retagged some VA albums, the music library was showing the albums correctly.

Bad news: I have to retag all my music!!! Angry
I'm glad you got it sorted mate! Smile
(2013-07-08, 07:43)thebox Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Samu-rai

Good news: I think I got it! Big Grin

I am not sure, but it has something to do with albums of various artist tagging, something went wrong. There must be a difference between ALBUM ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST tag, even if XBMC supports both of them. I checked the tag settings to be ID3 v1 and ID3 v2. After I retagged some VA albums, the music library was showing the albums correctly.

Bad news: I have to retag all my music!!! Angry

Hi can you describe exactly how you got this to work correctly? and with which program u used ... I have the same problem with like 2 out of 100's of albums and could not fix ...
Hi dugan26

I saw your post only now, sorry! The problem still persists! I am going nut! Still trying find a solution, but no one seems to be able to help. I will post a solution as soon as I find one.

have a nice time