Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What does "lock settings" mean?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm sure this is a very stupid question but I'm stumped here so...

Ok, I'm trying to get XBMC working on my Ouya, but when I try to connect my PC this thing called "lock settings" pops up and asks for username and password. Thing is 1. I have no idea why it's doing that and 2. I don't know what it wants me enter to there... What's going on here?
It probably thinks your SMB source is password protected. Double check your file sharing settings on Windows (I assume this is Windows).
(2013-07-05, 15:10)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance you activated that:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...aster_lock
Yeah that's off. First thing I checked was the settings and yeah, that's off... :\

(2013-07-05, 15:13)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]It probably thinks your SMB source is password protected. Double check your file sharing settings on Windows (I assume this is Windows).
But I never told it to password protect anything, does Windows just do that randomly cause it feels like? Or maybe it's the default setting? Wouldn't surprise me I guess with all the security crap Windows 7 forces on you... I'll poke around a bit...

EDIT: Yup, that was the problem, working just fine now. Was a setting in the network settings called "password protected sharing" that was set to on. No clue why, I sure as hell didn't do that but yeah, now it's all fixed. Had a feeling it was that easy but still... Yeez, annoying much Windows 7? *sigh*
Thanks for the help! Smile
I just set up Xbian 1.0Beta1 on a Raspberry pi and I am getting this lock setting screen when I go to ....videos, files, add videos, windows network(smb) and then navigate to my shared drive on my pc. I have another computer running xbmc for Windows 7 that can access this same shared drive with no problems. I do not have password protection on or any of the other things I have searched for on the forums... Help?
What solved a similar issue for me was going to my shared drive in windows, clicking 'properties' and adding 'Everyone' in the security tab.
i have the same problem BUT

on my system (windows 8), password protected sharing is off, everyone has full access, AND the master lock (on the raspberry pi) is off.
this only occurs on ONE of the several network drives...

please help