Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Imon remote, have to press keys several times
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I hope I can explain the problem with my little english... :-)

I am using XBMC for quite some time now. I don't know exactly when that started, but I believe it was around the time that the iMon driver changed from lirc to the kernel, or something like that. I am not a linux expert, just enough to keep XBMC running. :-)

I have the Antec Fusion Remote Black case with the iMon remote an display. For quite some time now I have to press keys several times, before they have an effect. Lets say, I paused a movie, and after a telephone call I want to continue. I have to press the play butten at least 3 or 4 times, before the movie runs again. When I pause the movie and press play immediatley this problem is not there. For me it seams, that the receiver stops listening after a while and needs several signals to wake up again.

Does any of you know the problem and perhaps have a solution for that? This bothers me for a long time now.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad english ... :-)

Regards!
Hi donkamillo,
I have the same Antec case and also experience a similar issue to you. I am running mythbuntu 12:04 with XBMC as the frontend. My symptoms are very similar in that the remote buttons work fine whist I am using the remote but if I leave the remote for a short period of time the first button press I make when I use it again usually doesn't get picked up by the reciever so in effect I need to press the button twice. As you mentioned, after this point it seems to have 'woken up' and then works fine until the next period of inactivity. For me this also occurs in mythtv frontend so for me its not an xbmc problem. I have googled this problem a fair but but haven't found a solution to date.
I'm using openelec and have to run this :

ir-keytable --delay 500
ir-keytable --period 50

not sure though, still investigating this.

(My setup goes through an ir externder maybe it's a hardware thing...)
Hi!

I am running XBMC 12.2 under Ubuntu 12.10. The ir-keytable command does not exist, so I can't try that. Is there some package I have to install? I mean, other then lirc itself?

Regards!