Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Possible to have audio/video defaults based on format?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a bit of a problem. Some videos, and live TV the audio is perfectly in-sync, while others always need the audio offset to -0.250s. I believe this is due to some sort of software rendering overhead based on if the audio codec in use is passed through to my AVR or not, but I am not sure.

I cannot set the audio default to -0.250 without impacting my live TV and certain files with DTS/Dolby audio, but all other files that use AAC/AC3/etc. always need to be offset.

Is there a way for me to set a default offset based on the audio codec or even file type so that I can get around this issue?
No
You can set it based on refresh rate using advancedsettings.xml. The refresh rate changing seems to be what is causing the video delay, although no one has ever really figured out the root cause of the issue.
This would be a nice feature until pvr addons get perfect audio/ video sync vs video file playback
(2013-07-08, 22:18)Jönke Wrote: [ -> ]This would be a nice feature until pvr addons get perfect audio/ video sync vs video file playback

Interestingly enough, my PVR addon and Live TV have no sync issues as far as I can tell. Mostly it seems to be related to AC3/AAC audio.