Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: android toolbar interfering with xbmc full screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yes i just purchaseda measy quad core u4b model, came with xbmc installed. I can click the toolbar at the bottom down but then the xbmc screen goes down and then i get a big black bar on top THEN the cursor doesn't line up with the object. I was thinking the only fix is to uninstall completely and re install a different version of xbmc. I think they just slapped a generic version of xbmc on there with no thought.

Could someone please confirm if there is a fix for this or is a re install of xbmc necessary?? the version is xbmc 12.2 Git:20130502-32b1a5e May 2, 2013
Ok so I search internet for hours, find dead end after dead end. Find a bunch of scientists trying to re-invent the wheel. I simply go to Google store and find a program that says remove bottom bar, pay the whopping sum of $1.85 and all fixed. I jumped up and down for joy, can't believe no one seems to know about this.

Hope my post here helps the next helpless person going through the same agony that I did.
There's two free apps that hide the nav bar, listed in the Android FAQ (wiki).
(2013-07-11, 13:00)Electroman15 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so I search internet for hours, find dead end after dead end. Find a bunch of scientists trying to re-invent the wheel. I simply go to Google store and find a program that says remove bottom bar, pay the whopping sum of $1.85 and all fixed. I jumped up and down for joy, can't believe no one seems to know about this.

Hope my post here helps the next helpless person going through the same agony that I did.

sorry, had to laugh at this. There are numerous threads on this on here, all answered pointing to the wiki.

Maybe you should have just searched the wiki
Some would rather search internet for hours than actually read the FAQs we create Smile We spend the time to make then, make them 'sticked' so they are always at the top and yet again and again they are missed.
Those are worth $1.85 from now on Big Grin
ok well the two free programs work fine IF YOU ARE ALREADY ROOTED (as my cx-919 came rooted), so now on my cs918 which does NOT come rooted and there is no way to root, or if there is its going to be very difficult, the free programs (full! screen, hide bottom bar) do NOT work.

So now on this other box (cs918) I have to figure out a way to root to superuser to utilize these great free programs in the wiki faq.

I have rooted it with baidu and 91.com (fun trying to read chinese tabs) , some programs say YES you are ROOTED but the others say NO you are NOT rooted. I am in process of trying to iron this problem out with the people in China that sold me the unit and told me to root with baidu. I am patiently awaiting a video from him, God bless him, he says its coming today (Saturday July 20)

All this just to get rid of bottom bar which interferes with xbmc full screen. There should be an easier way, but its all good, I am learning alot.

I did find a temp solution though.
Put search icon on home screen, click on it, go to applications, type an x in, then click on arrows on bottom bar to remove, then click on xbmc in app list.
This does work for what I want it to and its FREEEE! just an extra couple of clicks every time I open xbmc which I can sort of live with since most of the time xbmc is left on all the time anyway.

I'd love to get this thing rooted though, I tried every which way possible on the net.
The cs918 is a superior unit- rock solid, stable xbmc 12.2, fast, never encountered ANY problems with it whatsoever yet and I love the thing. Even netflix works fine, so far I can't say enough good things about it. If I can just root it with superuser privleges I'll be jumping up and down for joy again.

Thank you all for telling me about the wiki, I missed that as I am very new to this forum, as most newbies don't realize its there I'm sure.