Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Recently added episodes not updated when scan is triggered via Json TCP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently writing a wrapper for filebot to automate everything for me and everything seems to be fine. I can see xbmc starts to scan for updated content, the episodes will be added to the respective show if you go into tv shows and it will pull down episode information.

However they won't get added to recently added episodes unless i go to each episode, pull up episode information and then does a manual refresh.

I'm telneting to the xbmc box and then sends it this command, am i missing something in it or is this a bug? {"id":1,"method":"VideoLibrary.Scan","params":[],"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
It is possible the home screen where you see the recently added is simply not updated. What happens if you restart xbmc ?
(2013-07-10, 10:32)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]It is possible the home screen where you see the recently added is simply not updated. What happens if you restart xbmc ?

I was thinking the same thing but restarting xbmc nor the entire box didn't help.
(2013-07-10, 11:33)meleth Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-10, 10:32)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]It is possible the home screen where you see the recently added is simply not updated. What happens if you restart xbmc ?

I was thinking the same thing but restarting xbmc nor the entire box didn't help.

that is not possible. likely you have this issue
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...t_of_order
(2013-07-10, 11:39)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-10, 11:33)meleth Wrote: [ -> ]

that is not possible. likely you have this issue
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...t_of_order

I've tried adding the advancedsetting.xml but that doesn't help. Though that shouldn't matter since atm i would only have had 3 unwatched episodes so when i filtered out watched all 3 should still have shown up no matter how it sorted right?
to take affect you need to rescan everything
Doesn't that advanced setting only affect the sorting though? So since the 3 episodes i were testing this on was created and downloaded later than everything else in the library anbd they were the only unwatched things. No matter how the sorting worked they should still show up at top and particulary if i hide watched episodes?
(2013-07-10, 12:11)meleth Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't that advanced setting only affect the sorting though?
no
ok, well for some reason everything decided to start working and i can't for the life of me recreate the issue so maybe it was just a fluke. Or there was a problem with one of the episodes i had issues with that was blocking this until i did a manual refresh on it.