Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Genre Management Alternative to XWMM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So with Eden I had been using XWMM to manage genres, but I'm starting to think that this function probably won't get updated to work with Frodo. I've been patiently waiting and have pretty much given up. So, is there an alternative? Specifically, I want to add and delete genres.
I think this might be a good alternative:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158775

did't try it for myself.
I'm not that familiar with running scripts. Do you have to run it for each movie and then type the genre you would like it included in? With over 300 movies this could take a while. Is there something else like xwmm that might be quicker? Also, are the changes permanent? That is if I re-scraped all my movies would the genres revert?
from what I have read this script (if used with a skin that supports it) will allow you to modify movie information from the GUI of xbmc (like genre and other things).

modifying genre (even in xwmm) will be a movie by movie operation.

I.m not sure about re-scraping your movies, but I don't believe the behavior would be any different from XWMM. IMO I would think that re-scraping movies would put back genres you removed but leave the ones you added (can't remember the exact behavior as I have stopped modifying genres and use tags now).

hope this helps you
I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the help.