Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to launch 12.2 64-bit on OSX ML 10.8 -
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi:

I have a 2008 Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro (MacbookPro4,1), running OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion.

I downloaded XBMC for Mac 12.2 64 bit version (I thought 10.8 is a 64 bit OS hence I downloaded the 64 bit version), but I opened up the disk image, and dragged the XBMC app to my Applications folder and tried to launch it, the XBMC icon bounces a couple of time in the dock, then quits and spits out and error "XBMC is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash." I've tried redowonloading it but the end results are the same - can't open the app. i've tried using different web browers to download it (tried Firefox, Chrome and Safari), I've even tried downloading from a different connection (i.e. different connection to the internet), but to no avail.

Interestingly, no issues whatsover with the 32bit (x86) version - I am able to download, fire up the disk image and copy the XBMC app to the applications folder and launch it from there.

So, just wondering is there something that I did wrong?

Or, is it that my MBP might be too old and not fully 64bit from a hw architecture perspective? I thot as long as I run a 64-bit OS I should be able to run 64 bit apps? Am I mistaken?

Thanks very much for your time and assistance.
Mhhn not sure what is wrong. The 64bit version runs fine on my rigs (but they are a bit more recent of course ...). I wouldn't care if i was you. 64bit doesn't give you anything on your old macbook ...
(2013-07-11, 10:57)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Mhhn not sure what is wrong. The 64bit version runs fine on my rigs (but they are a bit more recent of course ...). I wouldn't care if i was you. 64bit doesn't give you anything on your old macbook ...

Thanks for your reply Memphiz. I am not overly concerned with it, and did think 64 bit may indeed not give me anything more on my old MBP, but it is more of a curiosity thing than anything.

Thanks very much for your time anyway. Smile
I have this same issue on my brand new Haswell rMBP 15" running Mavericks.
The icon bounces but nothing opens.
Seems like there is some issue with it.
known issue - use a nightly or last gotham alpha