Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Resume
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
tried it with gotham... my experience:
- seems to work "somehow" with playlists, no resume on second start of XBMC
- does not start the service reliable
- does not "resume" reliable
- can crash even windows (thanks dude)

I'm not complaining, just "reporting" Smile

[debugging]
I checked the content of xbmcresume.db with "SQLlite manager":
1)
- after xbmc ALT-F4, "audio" and "audio_playlist" in the DB-file can become "null" / "blank" => no resume (for actual audio file played) possible.
=> buggy (I guess, for some reason the service writes data during xbmc-exit, which could be null)
2)
- after xbmc "exit button", "audio" and "audio_playlist" seem to by ok => resumable (dont know how reliable)

I really wonder, why such an essential feature is not provided by XMBC intrinsicly.
I love XBMC, but this is a killerfeature missing for years now !
Would LOVE to have it for car, "internet radio PCs" or my cellar-bar-PC Wink
All this units run just by "power on".. and XBMC is the dead end Sad

I used a wired setup with curl/.bat/eventghost/.py so far to "autoresume"... but its pain to setup & far from being perfect.
This feature belongs to XBMC and shouldn't be an "add on/externally".

cheers
lou
I have found this to work flawlessly and love it.
My only gripe would be the lack of being able to disable the "Resuming" progress dialog. IMHO, A simple notification would have been sufficient and a toggle setting to enable/disable.

Other than this, works a treat! Use it for my Car PC and its great not having to select music every time I turn the key on. Big Grin
Apologies if this is a noob question but I've installed XBMC Resume on my raspbmc install. It started by working fine but today the pi seems to crash on boot when it displays the 100% of the resume complete bar and eventually exits itself and runs again.

I've tried looking to see if there's any easy way to disable running this plugin in shell and have deleted all the lines in '/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.service.xbmcresume' but to no avail.

Does anyone know how I can easily prevent the plugin from auto running in shell?
Hi, this is good, but it only works if I exit out of xbmc (force close). I would like the normal "resume xx:xx" and "start at the beginning" prompt if a previously watched add-on video is selected instead of it resuming automatically. Is this at all possible?

Thank you for the great work!
Unfortunately I can not download, writes "dead links".
Hello! Links for downloading don't work, can you upload adddon again, it is excellent addon for carpc.
+1 wold also like to get mirror link
I would also like to test this version on osmc rc3. Any news about the mirror?
Guys,

I was looking for this too. Was able to find it here:
https://github.com/ProGEEK/kodi-resume

Works perfectly for me (Raspberry pi, Openelec, Kodi 15.2-RC3).

Download and install from Zip.
It's not the first resume script i've tried, but it's the first one able to resume a playlist that actually works!
Awesome, I've been waiting patiently for this to pop back up again!

1) This isn't working with playlists for me - It plays the last playlist played, but not the correct video/time.
2) I'd like to add a feature to Resume on Hotkey - I don't necessarily want to resume the last file every time I start up Kodi, but would be nice to have a Hotkey assigned to it.
3) With the Hotkey, I'd like a feature similar to the 'Previous' button on TV, which would allow you to swap back and forth between two videos with a Hotkey.
4) Finally, it would be cool to store each Playlist's last Video/Time and offer an option to 'Resume Playlist' when playing it.
Was able to get this to work with a Hotkey, for any of those interested. Probably not the most elegant way, but it works:

1) service.py Line 53 should read be changed to "resume = True". This prevents running on startup (or on the Home Screen)
2) add a Hotkey to your Keyboard.xml file that runs the service.py file:
<k mod="ctrl">XBMC.RunScript(C:\Users\Bedroom\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\kodi-resume-master\service.py)</k>

Just need to figure out how to resume the previous file if the current file in the resume database is already playing, and we can mimic the "Previous" button to swap between streams! Any help on this would be great.
Is there no more development with this or is there a better one? At first it was working fine, but one day I noticed an issue. It went away with a fresh install of kodi. however now.... I've totally formatted the entire tablet, installed a new up to date rom, the newest Kodi to date and have still been having issues.

At first it works, Video will resume at the same time, but totally different video that was played when Kodi shut down. Music, same time but totally different song and would only resume 1 minute after the addon says its resuming. I went into the addon.xml and even tho kodi itself is setup for backward compatability, I changed the 3 versions to the actual respected numbers of Kodi 16.1. Now the song and video playback is correct, but the song still only starts 1 minute after the addon says the resume has begun. I've gone through settings, its not the settings.

This is for an In Car Install so thats why it kinda has to work correctly. If anyone can point me in the right direction.... please lmk.
Why did the maintainer stop maintaining? Is there a better solution for resume?

@matthuisman
What solution do you use to work with kodi? Because I can't imagine why you did stop maintain your great structured addon.
Pages: 1 2