Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple duplicates episodes in tv shows!... Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I've got a QNAP TurboNas 469L with XBMC Eden 11.0 installed.
My movies show perfectly as they should but all my TV show episodes actually appear 6 times each in the database!

I've cleaned the video dB in the system settings but to no avail.

I only have one location the library points to with all files in there.

This is my first linux-based device so be nice with the technical details please Undecided
Hi everyone,

I've got a QNAP TurboNas 469L with XBMC Eden 11.0 installed.
My movies show perfectly as they should but all my TV show episodes actually appear 6 times each in the library! Angry

I've cleaned the video dB in the system settings several times but to no avail.

I only have one location the library points to with all files in there.

I have run out of ideas...
If worst comes to worst, Would it be possible to delete the whole database somehow and have xbmc rebuild it?
Please don't cross-post. Threads merged.
There's probably two paths for the library, but only one exposed in sources.xml, which is what you see in files view.

Find out the other path that isn't in files view by selecting one of the duplicates and pressing "i" or bringing up info from the context menu. Then you can see what it says for "Path".

Make a new video source with that path (using a parent folder, of course, so you don't have to do it for each show), but don't run a library scan. Then delete that source you just made, and XBMC will ask if you want to update the library too. Say yes.

That should remove the duplicate path.
Tried this... And it did remove ALL the paths.
Then I re-scanned... And it just found all 6 again :-(

Strangely enough, the only difference between the dupes and the "original" is a folder called .@_thumb
.@_thumb??

*searches*

Looks like your QNAP is making those files for some reason. See http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=3100