Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New install won't suspend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried OpenElec as well as XBMCBuntu 12.2(currently installed), and have been unable to get the system to suspend whenever there are any usb devices plugged in. What happens is that the display blanks out for a split second, then I hear the system fans fire up, and the system resumes.

If I remove the usb devices the system will suspend as it should.

Not really sure if this helps, and unfortunately I don't fully understand these logs, but if it might help I have a debug log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36573

Any help figuring this out would be great!

Thanks!
Mike
Is it any USB device or a certain USB device that causes the problem?
Any Usb device on any port causes the issue, it is not dependent on a specific device. If I disable all ports from being able to wake the pc, it will suspend. If any ports are enabled, at the same time as any devices being attached it will not suspend.
Strange.. Check the Linux system logs in /var/logs/ , namely kernel.log and pm-suspend.log or maybe a bios option or a bios update is needed?
I have very little knowledge of linux, is there anything in particular that I might be looking for in these logs?

The bios is the most recent for this motherboard (an old Biostar TF7025-M2), and happens to be a beta with an S3 fix? The settings in the bios ought to be fine for suspending the system. Suppose it could be an unresolved issue with this motherboard...

Maybe as a last ditch effort I could install windows on it, and see if I am able to get S3 working in that OS?