Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: The best remote control for Android XBMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I've got a Geniatech MyGica ATV120 Android stick that I picked up from Futeko for just over GBP40 (http://www.futeko.com/products/MP046.php) which I've used to replace my Linux XBMC box and apart from a few issues all is working fairly well. The one thing that really leaves a lot to desire is the awful remote that is supplied with the box. Whilst it's very small and fairly well laid out it doesn't really work well with XBMC with no play/pause buttons etc.

I'm therefore on the hunt for a good quality (but cheap!) remote for my Android box that is 99% used for XBMC.

I have a Cyberlink remote for my Linux box which I attempted to plugin and use with this but I'm guessing it's not supported at all with Android as KeyTest didn't even pick up any of the keypresses. I'd ideally like something very similar to this as this remote had good spouse acceptance factor.

The one's I've had my eye on so far are:

MELE F10:
Pros; seems to be able to configure all the buttons to work under XBMC via keymap and also seems to look good, is cheap and also has a keyboard on the back.
Cons; not sure on the quality, not sure if you can turn off airmouse function which will mean the arrow flying all over the screen

MEASY RC13:
Pros; cheap, seems to be quite popular, full keyboard
Cons; looks very crowded, fair amount of bad reviews

EGREAT AK64:
Pros; good reviews, nice few button layout, seems to be good quality, also has mic input option.
Cons; XBMC doesn't support mic input, unsure as to how configurable

Any other ones I should consider or any input on the above? Seems there is very little information regarding using a remote for XBMC under Linux on the web...

Thanks!
VIPREMOTE
(2013-07-14, 16:16)kentiger Wrote: [ -> ]VIPREMOTE

Any links? Just Google'd it but can't see anything....?
ive tried loads and not been satisfied.

was thinking of trying this next: http://www.lightinthebox.com/4-in-1-rii-...01819.html

the mele f10 is a great remote on my windows box but on android i cant get rid of the mouse cursor, and sometimes the select/central button doesn't work in some xbmc menu's. i think this stuff will be fixed in the coming weeks months on android xbmc but its annoying just now.

the measy was also great, except the battery compartment broke on me. its a bad design (just the battery compartment) so i had to bang it to get the batteries out, and i think thats what broke it.
I just bought Unisen-USA iPazzPort Commander Voice Mini Bluetooth Keyboard w/ IR Remote 18BVR. I get hopefully Saturday to try on my ouya.
(2013-08-01, 19:27)queonda Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought Unisen-USA iPazzPort Commander Voice Mini Bluetooth Keyboard w/ IR Remote 18BVR. I get hopefully Saturday to try on my ouya.

Looks just like the remote that comes with the Sumvision Nano (similar to Pivos). It works but imo it's horrible and I only use it if I have to. A touchpad is better better for the mouse control.
(2013-07-31, 20:24)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]the mele f10 is a great remote on my windows box but on android i cant get rid of the mouse cursor, and sometimes the select/central button doesn't work in some xbmc menu's. i think this stuff will be fixed in the coming weeks months on android xbmc but its annoying just now

I agree the cursor appearing on the screen is such a pain and makes these air mice absolutely rubbish for using xbmc. There's got to be an xbmc wiz out there that can overcome this?

Are there any simple IR remotes out there with no air mouse facility with a good amount of buttons on the front that just act like a keyboard? That'd be ideal...
The cursor on the Sumvision remote disappears after a period of inactivity. The air mouse function can also be turned on or off. For XBMC I prefer the airmouse off and use the cursors to navigate, but the airmouse is a must for use in Android.
Yes, they all disappear after a time.period but it's the fact they are there when you're navigating through the menus wobbling all over the screen. The other half hates it.
If you turn the air mouse off and navigate through the menu's using the direction keys on the Sumvision remote the cursor is not visible.
(2013-08-02, 13:41)Swindiff Wrote: [ -> ]If you turn the air mouse off and navigate through the menu's using the direction keys on the Sumvision remote the cursor is not visible.

Can't turn it off on the mele :-(
Settings-> Input device. One of both options is for using mouse, when im right.
Doesn't disable.cursor under android.